1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured There are no moderate Muslims

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Sep 3, 2014.

1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    okay, go ahead.
    I will give them a benefit of a doubt when I see them publicly protesting collectively, what their terrorists are doing to AMERICANS, especially non-combatants.

Them shooting a Muslim terrorist that comes into THEIR town, and disrupting THEIR lives, don't mean much as far as I am concerned.

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hear here!

Right on .... that response is off the chain :applause::applause::applause:

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    PHP:
    Are uot and zaac related? They sound like religious echos :smilewinkgrin:

4. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I have to partially disagree, based on experience in other countries. Now, I will admit that my contact with the Muslims happened mostly on a military installation, and it is possible that those that I met with were different than the others, as they would have been more sympathetic to Americans.

The average Muslim that I talked to (interpreters and Iraqi and Afghani police/Army) prayed every time they were supposed to, and believed in all the tenets of Islam. They watched their diet, and other things. Some of them believed in the stoning and harsh thievery laws, some didn't. But they all decried the actions of the terrorist groups.

The problem with grouping the people over there, is each village is isolated. Some will believe more strongly than others. You really can't group them together that well. You go into one village, and they might be terrorist sympathizers, and you go a few clicks to the next village, and they are the opposite.

5. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Having been involved with many inter-faith dialogues and having several good friends who are Muslim, I have noted this:

Most of the people say things like "There are no moderate Muslims" don't actually know any Muslims.

6. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    and you do, I suppose.
    based on your inter-faith dialogues and having a few good friends who are Muslim.

#26 pinoybaptist, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2014
  7. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    wouldn't be surprised, really.
    bud abbot, lou costello ?
    good cop, bad cop ?
    :smilewinkgrin:

8. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is hilarious. There are three people that have posted here that actually have interacted with Muslims, two of them overseas in their native countries, that testify that there are indeed moderate Muslims, and that the majority of them are moderate and have renounced terrorism. Yet, there are detractors on BB that are so indoctrinated by Fox News and right wing talk radio that are absolutely convinced that there are no moderate Muslims. <SMH>

9. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know why this is such a hard concept for you to digest. Just look at Christianity. There are those that are more devout and hardlined than others right? Why is it so hard to understand the same applies for other religions. It is simply human nature.

10. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But remember, UoT, according to RevMitchell there are no far-right conservatives, only RINOs and real conservatives.

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is interesting. Are you suggesting that the Muslim in the op who said this does not know any Muslims?

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except for the Mulsim in the op who claims that all Mulsims beleive in the extreme views.

13. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I LIVED with them. I ate on their tables, slept under their roofs, in the Philippines, and if you don't know, Filipino muslims are Sunnis.

I have had one tell me that he would kill his own mother for money, I have seen one rape his own cousin, and then gouge her eye out, I have had a dorm mate who stole from us just because we were not Muslims.

I have worked with a couple here in the States who'd sneer at Americans in contempt and disgust when they think I was the only one who can see and hear them, thinking because I wasn't American, and Asian, then I'm probably in sympathy with them.

I have ridden daily, for a year, with one, who would point out stupid looking American youth in their stupidly colored hair and torn jeans and unkempt appearance, or at the homeless, and tell me, sarcasm dripping from his lips: there is the future of America.

I have seen my birth city accept these people, ostensibly fleeing from the war in the South of my birth country, and turn a once beautiful, clean and relatively peaceful city, into a dirty, crime-ridden one.

I have seen them act civil and reasonable WHEN THEY ARE THE MINORITY, and turn 180 degrees when they think they have the numbers.

I do not need Fox News and any right wing talk radio to tell me how I am to view Muslims.
    So, you are ridiculous.
    You call out those who do not trust ANY Muslim, when you know NOTHING of my experiences with them.

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To be fair to ITL his post was not so much about Mulsims or the op as it was an opportinuty to make a dig at conservatives and Fox News. The topic of this thread is really inconsequential to him.

#34 Revmitchell, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2014
  15. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    oh, okay. now I know I'll put him in my kill list.

16. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And this elected muslim somehow has the ability to paint with such a broad brush because...? Is he this official spokesperson or is he just a muslim guy with a microphone in his face.

If the Westboro Baptists claimed to speak for all of us should everybody take their word for it?

What argument are you trying to make exactly? That every single Muslim in the world is a violent terrorist extremist? I know you probably aren't that well traveled but I refuse to believe that even you know that is patently untrue. When you do research try searching for the truth instead of affirmation for your beliefs. You will find whatever you want to find.

17. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The point of the OP is not for everybody to share their personal horror stories with regards to Muslims. Some of those had my eyebrows raising over my forehead. Every single crime you mentioned has at some point in time been committed by a person of every race, gender, social status, etc. To say that moderate Muslims do not exist is simply divorcing yourself from reality.

18. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whereas the purpose of your OP was to take a dig at 1.5 Billion people worldwide.