1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Thief On The Cross

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Trying2DoRight, Dec 30, 2013.

1. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's staying on top of it JamesL! :thumbs: It happens here quite often. A new guy will come on and post a handful of vague questions, declares every answer as inadequate and goes on to pontificate some obtuse concept that can only come from an unmedicated mind. They'll proclaim us all hellbound and get banned clearing space for the next one.

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea, some takes a little longer than others to find them out.

3. Jacob_Elliott

Jacob_Elliott New Member

I would like to point out that the OP is engaging in conversation in the cal/arm section, in a thread he started regarding "free-will".

4. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And if you go look at the substance of his "interaction" you see exactly what I described. Meaningless questions, vague statements, etc.

His replies:
    Do you believe this?
    Do you believe this?
    Do you believe this?
    You all are wrong
    I don't need to define anything
    That was predestined
    Thanks, that's predestination
    Thanks for the feedback, it was predestined

Then, in post #33 I wrote:

At about post # 40 or so, the OP declared that he does not believe free will exists, the same that he does not believe atheism exists.

And then nothing since then, up to about 80 posts over there now.

That's hardly interaction.

Meanwhile, he left a trail of dust that hasn't settled yet. People arguing left and right over something which was asked with no real intention of closure

#24 JamesL, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
  5. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, Padre.

I take a really strong stand against anyone who aims only to confuse and disorient the saints. That doesn't mean I think everyone's going to agree, and I have my fair share of beliefs that make people say "HUH?"

But it is not without explanation, scripture references, etc to where people know exactly where I'm coming from. And I accept correction when it is appropriate.

This OP claimed in a different thread that he is separating the wheat from the chaff. I told him that he is neither called, nor equipped, for such a task. He also asked me if it makes me angry, to which I replied:

6. Florida Believer

Florida Believer New Member

Which Version

They both are correct. It's called 'Parallel Passages' which many of the gospels have different versions of the same event. In this one, Matthew was inspired to write the details he wrote and Luke was inspired to write many of the same details, but included the conversion of the sinner.

There really is nothing to suggest there were 2 seperate groups of 2 men on each side.

But we do see all throughout the scriptures symbolism in numbers. And a pattern of the number 3 is all throughout the word, not just the trinity. The thief (malefactor) that rejected grace and the thief that accepted grace is also symbolic of the love of Christ even as he is being humiliated before all mankind.

7. Jacob_Elliott

Jacob_Elliott New Member

Welcome to BB!

8. Florida Believer

Florida Believer New Member

9. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BIOTH were true, as one recorded the scene in the beginning, otherlater on intime!