1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

THIS BIBLE IS BEAUTIFUL

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Brother James, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother James

Brother James New Member

http://www.lewisbibles.com/stories/storyReader$7

I bought this bible and I have to say that it is a piece of ARTWORK. The binding and the paper are magnificent. To the brethren who love the KJV I must recomend these people. Handmade bibles for a hundred years. I got the calfskin leather.

2. BruceB

BruceB New Member

Very beautiful - and I noticed that they have the right type sizes too! Good link, thanks.

3. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I like the wide margin Bibles. I am bad about writing lots of notes in my margins and wind up running up and down and out of room. Plus, they are cheaper, but look like they are of the same quality. [​IMG]

4. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I agree on the wide margins. I have a great inductive study Bible (hardcover though -- no calf skin), but it's heavy. I find I'm using it only at home more and more because of it's bulk.

5. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

If you like to take notes, you need an interleaved Bible. Click here for a place that has good prices and good service: Pilkington and Sons

Also, you could buy some onionskin paper (such as that used for airmail), and put a touch of glue on the inside edge.

7. IveyLeaguer

IveyLeaguer New Member

Black or burgundy? Does it have that great leather smell, like the high-end Cambridge bibles?

8. Brother James

Brother James New Member

Mine is black. The finish is very smooth and very supple. It does have the smell of good calfskin but not like the high end goatskin. I have several Cambridge bibles, a presentation calfskin, concord calfskin and wide margin berkshire. The quality of this bible out of the box is head and shoulders above any Cambridge I own.

9. IveyLeaguer

IveyLeaguer New Member

Sounds good! Thanks.

10. Alta

Alta New Member

I'm very interested in knowing if Lewis Bible paper is a good quality, with some substance, similar to Cambrige or better. The 11 point wide margin would probably be fine for me, but I like the center line on the 18 point. Is the 18 point just huge? I do have senior eyes. The $150 price for the 18 point wide margin is a jump from the 11 point wide margin. Just looking for more input on the issue of paper & font size. Thanks.

11. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.