1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured This Should Sink Chris Christie

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Bro. Curtis, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree that with the advent of EZ PASS that the Port Authority could have easily provided computer simulation, so why the necessity of closing those lanes down? We can po po this, but traffic normally is a nightmare to those boarder towns living near NYC (I know cause I lived and worked there for a long time) so the last thing anyone needs is the government interfering.

So what WAS the real reason for a maufactured traffic snar? Was it retribution? I personally don't believe that was a ligitimate excuse. There was more going on here than meets the eye.

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that Christie is innocent in this one because of his response and his long press conference.

It is in today's news that Democrat Nancy Pelosi charged that Christie could shut down lanes during the Super bowl just to create a traffic jam. It is amazing that she would give a common criminal a pass until he was convicted but she makes baseless charges against a person for whom there is no evidence that he was involved in any wrongdoing.

I have to wonder if Christie is smart enough to realize that Obama and the Democrats are not his friends after all that he did for Obama during Hurricane Sandy.

The real charge against Christie is that he is a boring speaker (like Pelosi) as evidenced by his keynote speech at the last GOP convention. The keynote speaker, as you know, is supposed to stir the party up for the election and getting them ready to go out and get out the vote and win. Christie put everyone to sleep.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He's got a huge ego. That's why he spent almost twice as much money on a post-Sandy tourism commercial for New Jersey that he appeared in than a tourism commercial that didn't feature him.
    ------------

Here are some things we learned about Chris Christie during his 108-minute apologia:

“I’m a very loyal guy.”

“I am not a focus-group-tested, blow-dried candidate.”

“I’ve worked for the last 12 years in public life developing a reputation for honesty.”

“I’ve engendered the sense and feeling among the people closest to me that we’re a family.”

“I’m a person who cares deeply about doing my job well.”

“I’m incredibly loyal to my people.”

“I was the class president and athlete.”

And this was all in the process of saying what he had done wrong in the George Washington Bridge fiasco that threatens to upend his presidential hopes. Christie apologized profusely — but not for anything he did. “I’m telling you, I had nothing to do with this,” he pleaded. Instead, he blamed bad people who lied to him, taking advantage of his trusting and honorable nature.

Even in disgrace, the New Jersey governor — and the nominal front-runner for the 2016 GOP nomination — managed to turn his nationally televised news conference into a forum on the virtues of his favorite subject: himself.

Use of the word “I”: 692 times.

I’m: 119.

I’ve: 67.

Me: 83.

My/myself: 134.

When Christie delivered the keynote address at the 2012 nomination, the criticism was that he spoke more of himself than of Mitt Romney, the nominee. Now we see that, in adversity as well, Christie regards himself as the hero.

http://www.startribune.com/opinion/commentaries/239691261.html

4. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Feds at a lower level signed off on the commercials although it is possible that Obama didn't know anything about it.

On the charge that he is egotistical, that is not very shocking in a politician. Pelosi spent time in showing her expensive '49s bracelet and telling the press that the hasd "bling" in case we did not know that she is filthy rich.

5. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you mean by "the feds signed off on it?" The money was federal money, yes, but I doubt that the state of New Jersey ran their ideas past the feds for approval before the money was released to them.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Oh man what a bunch of conspiracy theorists.

Don't you guys ever get tired of trying to make your chosen crooks into saints? They're all crooked as corkscrews.

#46 poncho, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2014
  7. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is in the news that New Jersey had federal approval for the commercial. However, it is unlikely that Obama knew anything about it as he had already been to New Jersey for the storm:

CNN is hardly a conservative source. I am not voting for Christie in the Indiana primary but I think that this is just typical Democrat politics over something that doesn't amount to a hill of beans. The Democrats seem stuck with Hillary or Biden as the nominee in 2016, but the truth is that the elections of 2014 are more important than this early skirmish in the '16 presidential elections. The Democrats should relax as Christie has little chance of winning the GOP nomination at this point.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/13/politics/christie-feds-investigating-sandy-ads/index.html

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Heavens to Betsey ..... ya think!?!

9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A so-called fiscal conservative that spends almost twice as much money on a commercial to get his own face involved will certainly be used by his Republican rivals in primary season.

10. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. Agreed that this will be a minor issue in the 2016 primaries.

2. Does anyone really believe that Christie is a fiscal conservative?

3. Is Christie really electable in view of the open attack on the Tea Party that is ripping down the big tent of the GOP? Wouldn't he fare about the same as McCain and Romney?

4. Is Christie so naïve that he is now unaware of how Obama used him for a photo-op during Hurricane Sandy? Does Christie really think that the federal investigation into the commercial and the attack by Pelosi that he might slow Super Bowl traffic are harbingers of bi-partisanship instead of ruthless Chicago-style politics?

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess that billion dollar development in Ft. Lee NJ (right next to the GW Bridge)...... a mere bag of shells. Let me ask you, do you recall Blago (Rod Blagojevich, former Governor of Illinois) ...... now I would say thats "a hill of beans" in contrast. But let the investigation continue before we pronounce any judgment shall we.

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, I was ambiguous because I had in mind a reference to the lane closings and the tv commercial only.

As for Illinois, I think that they say three governors go to prison, correct?

Here in Indiana, we became a right to work state recently and it has resulted in a few new jobs being created.

I don't mind if the Dems get Christie but I think that they should try to do it honestly, don't you?

Christie is now the example of how bi-partisanship doesn't work when dealing with the Obama/Pelosi Democrats. Tell me, EWF, what do you think about Pelosi's allegations that Super Bowl traffic might face lane restrictions?

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did I not communicate that in my last sentence?

since I abhor both BO & Pelosi, I make it a point to NOT pay attention to their cute little dig remarks. Those two sicken me.

14. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the quick answer--we are on the same page on those issues.

15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yes I do. Politics it seems to me is the art of painting rats with R's and D's then singing my rat is better than your rat.

A rat is a rat.

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your analogy is very unfair to the rat. :laugh:

Anyway, my rats fatter than your rat.

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Far as I'm concerned you can have all the rats. I just want to get our constitutional republic back from the global fascist scumbags that stole it. But that is never going to happen if we keep letting the rats divide us along "party lines".

There is right and there is wrong I'm about sick of playing the leftie vs rightie game while they all work together to destroy this country and our freedom.

#57 poncho, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014
  18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.