1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thousand Foot Krutch

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by JonathanDT, Jun 20, 2004.

1. JonathanDT

JonathanDT New Member

Don't know if anyone has heard of Thousand foot Krutch, but they are a nu-metal band that is going to be the next breakthrough act, in the line of POD, Pillar, Skillet. Here's the link to their music video Rawkfist:

RawkFist

2. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

They are great they Rawk. :cool:

3. paulsfocus

paulsfocus New Member

What are you doing listening to that garbage when you can listen to godly music, like hymns ,or classical music, you know, stuff that glorifies God.

4. citizenofheaven

citizenofheaven New Member

Have either of Given any thought to whether or not "Rock and Roll" is Christ honoring music? :confused:

5. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

Yes we have. And I get my belief from Psalms 150 read the chapter and especially verse 4 "Praise him with the timbrel." Most people even a guy I'm in debate with right now over C.R. (he believe's its of satan) but he even admits timbrel means a form of drum. most Bible dictionary's agree with that even the conservative one's. 1828 Websters also agree's with this. So that means drums. "praise him with stringed instuments." there you are guitars. Electric included. So yea I believe Rock'n'Roll can be Christ honoring music.

6. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

If you read on to verse 5 you will see cymbals mentioned. What do they put on drums you know the shiny gold round disked objects they are cymbals. Christian Rock is a totally Legit thing. Psalm 33:3 "Sing unto him a new song;play skilfully with a loud noise." CR is fairly new form of song. and they play skilfully with a loud noise.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Sorry to cross link to another thread DH, but if you like this kind of stuff you might seriously consider NOT going to PCC.

8. citizenofheaven

citizenofheaven New Member

If you are defending instruments, these verses are totaly valid. However, the way that CR ("Christian Rock") artists play these instruments doesn't even aproach Christ honoring.
    Ask any expert on music which takes more skill to play, classical or rock, If he's worth his weight in mud he'll tell you classical

9. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

Thats the Reason I don't want to go to PCC there KJVO & No CCM. They play them wrong. :rolleyes: