1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Threatening Others (this should go without saying)

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JonC, Jun 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    At the bottom right of member’s posts there is a rating system.

These ratings are not intended to be used childishly. Children call other children names and escalate one another’s emotions (“I’m not touching you” he says as he pulls at her hair). We are not expected to act as children because we are not children. As grown men and women we need to behave as adults. As professing Christians we need to behave as Christians.

Our ratings are “like”, “agree”, “winner”, “informative”, “funny”, “friendly”, “useful”, and “praying”.

The “funny” rating is not intended to be used to ridicule, insult, or childishly elicit an emotion from another person.

Those who have been here for a few years probably remember that we had other ratings, but they were removed because of the children who could not act maturely with the ratings available. It is not fair that the whole board suffer because of a few immature ratings.

Ratings are subject to moderation (warnings) when it is deemed by the staff that they are inappropriate, flaming, or being used as an insult. Ratings are not a “back door” way of insulting people.

When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. 1 Corinthians 13:11

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    A word to the Wise is sufficient

If you do have a question - PM the admin team.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have given this some thought, whether to post or remain silent. I'll post.

Recently we had an issue of a member (along with three other members) starting a gossip site to talk about people behind their backs.

This culminated with one member going to the extent of threatening two other members with physical confrontation.

We are not responsible for the behavior of members other than content on this thread. If a member chooses to participate in gossip, drunkenness, adultery, ....whatever ... that s between that person and God.

BUT threatening another person crosses a line.

Going forward any member, or group (to include members supporting another member to make threats), that makes threats against another member will be banned. No questions asked.

This is a Christian board. There is no place to make threats against another person (regardless of belief, regardless of membership here, regardless of race). No reason is justifiable.

• Agree Agree x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.