1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Three cheers for the government of the USA

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Peter101, Jul 13, 2003.

1. Peter101

Peter101 New Member

I often think we forget about what a good government we have. I am reposting here, some comments that I made on another thread. But I now make them in a broader sense:

I agree that the do not call list is the greatest thing since sliced bread. In contrast to some, I believe that government is what we make it, and it is not necessarily the monster that some make it out to be. I support strong, responsive and representative government! Three cheers for the government of the USA. As our representative, it is the hope of the world. And I want to make clear that this support is not for some ideal American government, not for something that never was, but rather for the actual, practical government that we have in power, whether the executive be Republican or Democrat. I have never seen a President whom I thought was insincere or cynical about the basic foundation of our system.