1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Time to Pray?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Feb 28, 2012.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not envy any person on this board who has either children or grandchildren growing up in this world, or in our nation. It seems to me that every time I turn on the television, or picks up the paper, young people have been killed at the hands of another.

It was not like that when I went to school, and I can't begin to imagine how scary it must be for parents and their kids not to know if a stray bullet, or intentionally aimed bullet makes it into the body of another young life, ending it prematurely.

There must be tremendous stress for those who send their kids off to school today, or even off to a friend's house, the mall, a movie, or a school activity?

The time to pray has been used more than ever, but I think we as individuals and as the collective body, need to put down our denominational divisions, and debates and get back to the business of praying for this nation and the world.

It is as close to a war zone as I can imagine, and if we don't do something to stop the insanity, before it gets to the point that America becomes like other third-world nations, divided by gangs, thugs, tribes, government factions, etc.

The time to seriously pray for our own is now upon us. What will you do? :praying:

2. marke

marke New Member

Excellent post! You have captured the essence of the root of the current world problems and the necessity of turning to God for the only cure of or deliverance from its evils.

3. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

When this country fails, and it's going to happen just like every other empire in history, the Church will finally be able to thrive.

We DON'T have the right to be safe and white in our tidy little neighborhoods. We're called into the darkness. So let's stop whining about our feelings getting hurt and start being the Church.

4. 12strings

12strings Active Member

I think you are right that it is time to pray... but I am much more concerned about the spiritual dangers out there than the physical dangers. I heard a missionary once who lived in a muslum country, and he said he felt that it was much more dangerous spritually to raise children in America than in that muslim country, because there, everybody knows who the christians are, and who they aren't. In America, The spiritual confusion and cultural temptations are extremely high.

If my children come to know & Love Christ, and are cut down by a Columbine-style shooting, I will mourn, but it will not be as those who have no hope. If my children grow up to thrive in business and relationships, and have cold hearts toward Christ, It will be hard for me not to consider my parenting a failure. I can only trust God with both of these things.

5. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I have never run the numbers, but I would imagine my son will be safer in a public school than riding in a car.

Wickedness and killing have been a staple of human life since Cain and Abel. I don't know if things today are "worse" than say 300BC. But I'll say this: people had BETTER know their kids and who they run around with.