1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Timeline for leaving Iraq

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LeBuick, Oct 16, 2008.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Looks like we now have a timeline for leaving Iraq. Something Obama has been calling for and attacked for suggesting is now a fact without him being in office. I guess somebody listened.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUKTRE49F7S820081017

2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama's timeline would have had our troops leaving in defeat before the surge. He stated he couldn't find a single expert on the region that thought the surge would make a difference. His experts were wrong. He was wrong. He must have been talking to Harry (the war is lost) Reid, or John (our troops are killing innocent civilians in cold blood) Murtha, or John Kerry or Nancy Pelosi.

He should have talked to John McCain and Gen. Ptraeus (sp). They have the expertise to give him sound advice. They were right! Obama was wrong! Now we can bring our troops home with victory and honor.

peace to you:praying:

3. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

Obama said he would bring our troops home withn six months of his administration.

This has nothing to do with him or his stupid idea.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Wow, that's some view... :thumbs:

Oh, and didn't McCain say we needed to stay 100 years?

5. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

If necessary we should continue the fight 100 years but based on the success and current progress it does not seem that will be necessary and with no thanks to the quitters that would have us running home with tails tucked between legs.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Shesh... You guys worry about the cost of Obama proposals but don't mind paying $10 Bil per month for 100 years. :thumbs:

7. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    That view is the truth of what happened.
    No, he said we should stay until we win!!! As long as it takes, because defeat cannot be an option. That is what leadership looks like. We havn't seen much of it lately, so I'm not surprised you don't recognize it when you see it.

Obama and the Democrats were willing to cut off funding for the troops in the midst of battle and bring them home in defeat, giving the radicals a victory over the U.S.

Barack (I don't know any experts on the region) Obama was wrong. "handwringing" Harry Reid was wrong.

John McCain was right. Our troops will now come home with victory and honor.

It is too bad the liberals won't be happy about that.

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Why are they not victorious now? Saddam is dead and they have a new government even though it has growing to do. Why are we not victors at this stage of the war?

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Doesn't that bucket get heavy? If you are going to carry the koolaid you should at least be willing to carry it in context.

10. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are winning the war. We will leave when the country when the job is finished.

It is a fact that Obama and the Dems attempted to pull the troops out and bring them home in defeat and humiliation, giving the radicals a victory over the U.S.

#10 canadyjd, Oct 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2008
  11. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I believe McCain, along with the other republican's will have us stay in Iraq, or somewhere as long as their masters in the corporate world can continue to make money off this war!

BTW, although I am not voting for Obama, I also am not voting for McCain!

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Me neither. I'm voting for the USA. I'm sick of globalists posing as patriots sending our military on fool errands to build their NWO. I say if the CFR and Tri Laterals want to conquer Eurasia let them shoulder a rifle and do their own dirty work and leave our blood and treasure out of it.

#12 poncho, Oct 18, 2008
  13. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I don't know what the precentage is but it appears some in Iraq wants us gone sooner than 2011. I wonder if a poll in Iraq could give us a picture of how the country feels as a whole.

http://www.reuters.com/article/homepageCrisis/idUSLI497299._CH_.2400

One thing the citizens agree on is they want the American "presence" reduced. They want less patrols, no more kicking in doors and the want Iraqi suspects haded over to the Iraq government instead of detained by American's.

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Sounds almost as if the "Islamofascists" over there aren't all that enthused by the international community's proposal of a new international fascism. I think they'll learn to love it over time just as we have though it may indeed take a hundred years. :thumbs:

[​IMG]

Iraq gets a new (world) order with fries.

Hail Victory!

#14 poncho, Oct 18, 2008
  15. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

So we force feed them a new political system and ideology then say "you'll learn to love it." :thumbs:

Our elections on the tube is sure good advertisement...

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Well, it took us at least a hundred years to learn to love it. To expect the Iraqi's to accept it let alone love it any faster is kinda arrogant on our part...don't ya think?

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

What's this? http://www.yahoo.com/s/972911 Tens of thousands of Iraqis demonstrating against "the agreement"? I wonder if the Iraqi government will follow the lead of our own government and simply ignore it's citizens massive protest altogether? Like it did with the Wallstreet bailout.

#17 poncho, Oct 18, 2008
  18. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

This is what I started the thread about, the protesters don't want the agreement and instead want us out their country now. I don't know what percentage of the people share their feelings but I am sure the government wants us there a while longer. I think this situation as a whole will make their new government get serious about figuring this out instead of arguing over things like a flag.

I further think we are victorious in Iraq when I see the people protesting for our departure. Obama may have a good point, I think it's time to go but you know we'll stay to protect the oil.

19. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see the Iraqi people have been freed from Saddam's tyranny enough to openly protest but I think his tyranny was replaced with the corporatist tyranny we ourselves have grown so fond of.

We'll stay because Iraq was never about liberating the Iraqi people. Iraq is just one step (beach head) in a larger agenda to control the whole of Eurasia. So says Obama's foreign policy guru Zbigniew Brzezinski. He actually wrote a book about it. I highly recommend it if you haven't read it already. It's called "The Grand Chessboard" I have it right here next to me now.

The "war on terror" is a scam cover up invented to direct all our attention away from what is really going on.

#19 poncho, Oct 18, 2008
  20. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

What is really going on, a world takeover?

What bother me the most is we're in financial meltdown yet Iraq has $80 Billion saved in the bank. What needs to be in this agreement is a clause that says they foot the bill if we stay.