1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Top 10 Ministry Mistakes I Made My First Year

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by gb93433, Mar 23, 2012.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I am surprised that I survived my first year of ministry, and honestly, I don’t know if I deserved to be kept around. Working in a church or any kind of ministry is tricky because there are plenty of pitfalls that a theological education doesn’t prepare you for.
    Here are my top 10 for ministry, but I think they have carry over for any new profession.
    #1 Not Asking “Why?”

There is no better time to ask questions than in that first year. You can play dumb and question things you don’t think are working thus forcing other people to state the absurdity out loud. Through asking these why questions you can reach some sense of clarity. That first year is the honeymoon period where you can learn and are more free to probe the true nature of the community.

The rest of the story is at http://www.churchleaders.com/pastor...gn=clnewsletter&utm_content=CL+Daily+20120323