1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Totalitarianism - The Witnesses Speak

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Nov 21, 2008.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

It is sad but that is the response of too many people in this country. The free enterprise system has made life so good for the vast majority of people in this country they act as if drugged, They are sort of like the frog or lobster that is thrown into a pot of cold water and then boiled. :tear:

2. OldRegular

I have asked you several times which rights were taken from you. You have yet to name one.:BangHead:

3. billwald

billwald New Member

The right to get on a plane without taking my shoes off? To travel to Canada and back without a passport? The right to buy a gun in any state and thru the mail? The right to have a bank account without a social security number. The right to make phone calls without the govt listening in?

4. OldRegular

Your remark above reminds me of the words of Jesus Christ to the unbelieving Jews:

Matthew 13:13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

May I remind you that BO has promised to remove the secret ballot for union elections. He has promised to eliminate the Defense of Marriage Act and sign the Freedom of Choice Act. Sounds more and more like Hitler, Stalin, or Pol Pot.

5. OldRegular

You shouldn't have put the idea in his head.:tonofbricks: