1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured TRACS Video

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Peter James, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sorry. But I am really not understanding this post in light of the discussion.

2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The good Squire is pointing out that the denominational schools of the ABC-USA are frowned upon by the much more conservative faction of Baptist fundamentalism, and attendance is not necessarily limited to active participants in that denomination. In other words it is possible to get an education from a school you do not entirely agree with.

He then points out that Baptist fundamentalism does not take an academic back seat to any group or movement today as evidenced by the CV of the men listed who founded and taught at Squire's alma mater.

In the same vein, my professors in Seminary were:

R. V. Clearwaters: Th.B and B.D. Northern Baptist Theological Seminary, Chicago. B.A. Kalamazoo College, Kalamazoo, Michigan. University of Chicago Divinity School M.A. in New Testament Greek, (studied under E.J. Goodspeed) and was a just a few hours short of a Ph.D. when he was forced by financial concerns to discontinue his studies.

Warren Van Hetlo, Calvin College and Seminary, Grand Rapids Baptist Seminary, the University of Michigan, Th.D. Dallas Seminary

George Dollar, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, Boston College. Ph.D., former Chairman, Department of Church History, Dallas Theological Seminary.

C. Daniel Kim, B.A., University of Young-Nam, South Korea, M.Div. General Presbyterian Theological Seminary, Seoul, South Korea, Th.M., Biblical Seminary, Seoul, South Korea, Th.D., Dallas Theological Seminary

Gordon Lovic, B.A., M.A., Bob Jones University; M.Div., Th.M., Central Baptist Theological Seminary; Th.D., Grace Theological Seminary, Winona Lake, Indiana.. Studies at American Institute of Holy Land Studies in Israel and the Jerusalem Center for Biblical Studies in Israel.

Rolland D. McCune, Bachelor of Arts, Taylor University, Fort Wayne Indiana, Bachelor of Divinity, Master of Theology, and Doctor of Theology, Grace Theological Seminary, Winona Lake, Indiana.

Contemporary fundamentalism has more than its share of academic heavyweights. :)

3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    From your sig
    I assumed your background was SBC centeric. So, I listed the schools which the Fundamental Baptists of the 20s, 30, and 40s reacted to. Again, for the rest of the story I refer you to Beale.

4. Greektim

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you go to Detroit BTS?

5. Greektim

Faith:
    Baptist
    I feel like we are conflating this thread with the other thread in regards to the fundamentalism discussion.

6. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No.

7. Greektim

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gonna make me ask?

So where did you go?

:D

8. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the listing he gave earlier in post 22, I'd say Central Baptist Theological Seminary, Minneapolis, Minn.

• Like Like x 1