1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tract for Passion

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Brother Adam, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

I have completed a tract to hand out at the theaters when I go to see the Passion movie. I figured I would be the only one interested in it, but I guess I have written it well enough that there is a demand for copies of it.

I wanted to give everyone here the oppurtunity to recieve a copy also. If you send me an email or PM I will send it to you in a form that you can print off, make copies, and fold and staple to hand out. There is only one small picture on it and it uses two pages so it won't drain your inkjet cartridge. It is in a .doc form but I can also send it .wps (MS Works XP).

There is no charge for it, I only ask that you do not alter it in anyway without first asking permission.

God Bless,
    Bro. Adam

2. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

I should also note that this tract is geared more towards Christians who see the movie than non-Christians, as you can imagine the impact this type of movie will have.

I'm also working with someone on a tract geared towards non-Christians who will view the film, though it may not be completed by the time the film hits theaters opening day.

3. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Adam, Just make sure you do a spell check, ok? ;) [​IMG]

4. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

I put over 12 hours of research into the tract and over 10 people reviewed it. Like everyone else, not quite as much effort goes into the baptistboard.

love,
    adam

5. Jim Ward

Jim Ward New Member

If you don't mind, I'd like to look over the tract also.

Jim

6. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

Jim,

You will find it in the email address you provided in your profile. I will send it out this afternoon in a mass-email.

7. Stephen III

Stephen III New Member

Brother Adam,

I too would have an interest in your tract. And I'm wondering if anyone here has as of yet seen the movie.

8. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

I've already sent the mass email for today. I will send another one late tonight or tomorrow morning

9. Forever settled in heaven

i've seen it, n wld welcome a tract that wld show Romanists the error of their superstition n the truth of the biblical faith. ultimately we'll go to heaven thru Jesus alone as mediator, not thru the agony of "co-redemptrix" Mary as depicted in the movie or the sacramental system that Romanism offers.

the evangel is that we can only be saved by grace alone thru faith alone in Christ alone according to the scriptures alone to the glory of GOd alone.

10. Stephen III

Stephen III New Member

Sure sounds like you've added to the bible, but I'm sure you're not "alone" in doing so.

Could you please elaborate on how the movie depicts Mary as a co-redemptrix, and the "sacramental system that Romanism offer",. was the movie true to the Gospel.

11. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

FSiH, I need an email address if you want a copy of the tract. Unfortunately I can't upload it to the message board.

12. MikeS

MikeS New Member

I'd like to hear about the scenes in the movie that preach that we must, or can, "go to heaven"
    "thru the agony of ... Mary."

And, out of respect for those reading your posts, spell out all your words. "wld" and "n" surely don't save you enough time that they're worth the irritation and confusion and extra decoding time that they cause to your readers.

13. MikeS

MikeS New Member

Now Stephen, you know that the words "faith alone" most assuredly are to be found in the bible... ;)

14. Forever settled in heaven

> Originally posted by Stephen III: Sure sounds like you've added to the bible, but I'm sure you're not "alone" in doing so.

nice sense of humour there! ;)

> Could you please elaborate on how the movie depicts Mary as a co-redemptrix, and the "sacramental system that Romanism offer",. was the movie true to the Gospel.

no, she didn't get crucified or anything. but there she is, stripe for stripe, fainting, peering, agonising, while witnessing the torture of Jesus in Pilate's court. Mary's suffering's in focus throughout, both on the Gabbatha n all the way to Calvary. she suffers with Jesus, as it were, n thus participates in the Passion itself, which lends convenient capital to the notion of "co-redemptrix."

as for the sacramental system, u may need to reread the original statement--not sure how u linked it into the movie itself--but it stands in contrast to the evangel.

15. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

FSiH,

I haven't seen the movie, but I would imagine that if my son was being tortured and then crucified in front of me, and I knew I had to let it happen, I'd be agonzing too.

BTW- I got your PM, It will be sent to you later tonight or tomorrow morning. I wait until I get 10 or 15 people before I send it.

16. Jim Ward

Jim Ward New Member

Got it Adam. Thanks! [​IMG]

17. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

Your welcome Jim.

I just sent out a second mass email. I will continue doing as I get 10-15 email addresses for as long as people keep asking. For those of you who were interested in a tract geared more towards those who consider themselves non-Christian it is in the works.

18. dumbox1

dumbox1 Guest

Brother Adam,

Could you please include me in the next "mass e-mail"?

Thanks!

Mark H.

19. vaspers

vaspers New Member

When the inquisition begins on your humble poster tonight, for rebelling against the Church of Gibsonism, please remember that all I'm advocating is biblical accuracy, reverence for Jesus and the reluctance to crucify Him afresh, exposing Him to open shame9(Hebrews 6:6). I don't think Christians should mix heretical views in with Gospels, nor contaminate a Jesus film with visions of a masochistic woman, Emmerich, who begged Jesus to inflict wounds and sicknesses on her so she could "atone" for the sins of others. This is blasphemy, and it's Mel's inspiration for film. Yet so few care about these issues. Baptists I thot cared about the Bible and reverent treatments of Jesus. Thank God for those who counteract the garbage with good Gospel tracts. Bless you for doing this! I am with you 100% Brother Adam, and everyone, even if you like this film, when you at least try to clarify the truth for people.

20. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

Do you really have to post the same thing on every thread that is started even remotely related to the movie?