1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trinity

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Gwyneth, Dec 27, 2002.

1. 4study

4study New Member

ScottJ,

Easier said than done I'm afraid. All of us have assumptions about context, presumptions about terms, and preconcieved ideas about scriptural subjects. First, it's difficult to think differently than one has been taught. Second, it's probably near impossible to explain one's disposition towards God because it affects how one interprets scripture. And third, it's hard to find those who are interested in rethinking their theology to ensure it IS scriptural. Most of us just accept certain things and the scriptures that appear to support them. But getting to the bottom of something takes time, courage, thought, acceptance, and of course Grace. It just depends how interested someone is in being inquisitive about God.

By the way, my comments here are just something to think about so take them with a grain of salt. The idea of "office" sets well with me because I believe it tells more more about who God is that "person". "Person" doesn't explain anything with respect to the Trinity. That's why most say "it's just a doctrine we can't understand". Personally, I don't like doctrines I can't understand.

Regards

2. hrhema

hrhema New Member

Latriea:

Your sarcasm is not appreciated nor necessary.
    You can defend your beliefs without it. This forum is a place for debate on a Christian level. It is a place for people to learn. How can people learn unless they are taught?

A lot of people believe that the Doctrine of the Trinity was always taught but that is not true.
    It was not the final doctrine concerning the Godhead until the Council of Constantinople.

3. Bible-belted

Bible-belted New Member

There was no sarcasm. I was perfectly serious.

The fact is that the personality of the Father Son and the Spirit are taught in Scripture and always have been. The basis for the Trinity has always likewise been in the Scritures. The date of the official definition of the doctrine of the Trinity is irrelevant.