1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Trump aides were in constant touch with senior Russian officials during campaign

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this bigger and worse than Watergate?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

High-level advisers close to then-presidential nominee Donald Trump were in constant communication during the campaign with Russians known to US intelligence, multiple current and former intelligence, law enforcement and administration officials tell CNN.

President-elect Trump and then-President Barack Obama were both briefed on details of the extensive communications between suspected Russian operatives and people associated with the Trump campaign and the Trump business, according to US officials familiar with the matter.

Flynn scrambles White House
    Both the frequency of the communications during early summer and the proximity to Trump of those involved "raised a red flag" with US intelligence and law enforcement, according to these officials. The communications were intercepted during routine intelligence collection targeting Russian officials and other Russian nationals known to US intelligence.
    Among several senior Trump advisers regularly communicating with Russian nationals were then-campaign chairman Paul Manafort and then-adviser Michael Flynn.
    Officials emphasized that communications between campaign staff and representatives of foreign governments are not unusual. However, these communications stood out to investigators due to the frequency and the level of the Trump advisers involved. Investigators have not reached a judgment on the intent of those conversations.
    Adding to US investigators' concerns were intercepted communications between Russian officials before and after the election discussing their belief that they had special access to Trump, two law enforcement officials tell CNN. These officials cautioned the Russians could have been exaggerating their access.
    CNN has reached out to the White House and Flynn for comment. In an interview, Manafort emphatically denied that he was in contact with Russians known to US intelligence.
    "That is 100% not true, at least as far as me," he said. "I cannot believe that they are including me in anything like that. I have not been involved in any of these activities."
    Manafort said he did not know where US officials got the idea that he was in contact with suspected Russian operatives during the campaign but said he never spoke with any Russian officials during that time.
    "I don't remember talking to any Russian officials, ever. Certainly during the time we're talking about," he said, calling the allegations "boggling."
    "I have knowingly never talked to any intelligence official or anyone in Russia regarding anything of what's under investigation," he said. "I have never had any connection to (Russian President Vladimir) Putin or the Russian government before, during or after the campaign.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/14/politics/donald-trump-aides-russians-campaign/

http://fortune.com/2017/02/14/donald-trump-russia-election/

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2017...sian-officials-during-campaign/2081487151391/

2. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As far as scandals go, I would categorize it well below Uranium One.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Talking about scandals, the President was even caught on microphone saying:

"On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it's important for him to give me space."
    "...after my election I have more flexibility."

Rob

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mike Flynn does not report phone calls: fired.

Hillary Clinton does not report millions of dollars in donations from Russian, Kazakh, and other sources, per a signed agreement between herself and President Obama: nothing happens, wins Dem primary.

So tell me, why all of the outrage now, and not before?

Answer: Because if it wasn't for double standards, the left wouldn't have any standards at all.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Rob, please stick with the topic. Bringing up history is of another is no defense of a current situation about another person.

Does it bother you that Trump's campaign workers, advisers were in continued contact with Russian intelligent officials?

6. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, sorry that was 0

No, I'm not bothered by it.
    Personally... (although I'm rather ignorant of this whole situation), I think that making contact with foreign officials shows some initiative.

Accepting donations for personal access on the other hand, crosses the line.

Rob

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Prove it crabby! Your hatred and obsession with Trump is driving your every move. Get a life. Get a hobby! Get something to do. Man I feel for your family. You seem to be consumed 24/7 with bringing down this president.

As for bigger than Watergate. How quickly you forget Hillary and her email.servers?! And we have proof. If Trump were smart, he'd go after Clinton, and with that investigation would come Obama's downfall because Benghazi was a Watergate to gain him a second term.

Remember, those who.point fingers at others will find their own skeletons coming out of their closets.

8. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]
    NY Times says Trump campaign had repeated contact with Russian ...
    CNBC-3 hours ago
    The intelligence agencies then sought to learn whether the Trump campaign was colluding with the Russians on the hacking or other efforts to ...
    Trump aides were in constant touch with senior Russian officials ...
    CNN-10 hours ago

Trump expects Russia to 'return Crimea' – White House
    International-RT-19 hours ago

It's Time for a Proper Investigation of Trump's Russia Ties
    Opinion-The New Yorker-12 hours ago

Flynn's ouster deepens questions about Trump's relations with Russia
    In-Depth-Los Angeles Times-12 hours ago

Michael Flynn quits over secret contacts with Russia
    Blog-The Economist (blog)-Feb 13, 2017

Trump reportedly kept Pence in dark about Flynn's ... - Fox News
    www.foxnews.com/.../trump-reportedly-kept-pence-in-dark-about-flynns-russian-phone...
    8 hours ago - Trump, after learning about the phone calls, kept Vice President Pence in the dark about Flynn's conversations with Russian Ambassador ...

Flynn was probed by FBI over calls with Russian ... - Fox News
    www.foxnews.com/.../flynn-was-reportedly-probed-by-fbi-over-calls-with-russian-offici...
    7 hours ago - Law enforcement sources close to the matter told Fox News that the broad investigation into the Trump campaign's ties to Russian officials is ...
    New York Times: Trump campaign aides had ... - Q13 FOX News
    q13fox.com/.../new-york-times-trump-campaign-aides-had-repeated-contacts-with-ru...
    10 hours ago - WASHINGTON -- The New York Times reported Tuesday night that phone ... other Trumpassociates had repeated contacts with senior Russian ...

Flynn's Departure Adds Fuel As Trump's Russia Problem Smolders ...
    www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2017/02/14/515180389/trump-s-russia-problem
    20 hours ago - When Bill O'Reilly of Fox News recently said, "Putin is a killer," Trump replied: "There are a lot of killers. We have a lot of killers. Well, you think ...

9. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What if it was more than making contact? Remember they were talking with Russian intelligence officers, not Putin.

If you are that liberal in your thinking about Trump then you certainly have no cause to criticize Hillary or Obama.

10. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again, the "but... but Hillary" defense is invoked.

I'm withholding judgment until more details emerge, especially who was involved and what was discussed. It does not have the appearance of something legitimate, however.

One thing that isn't going to fly with me is the old excuse of "wouldn't it be great if we had better relations with Russia?" and "wouldn't it be great if we got along with Putin?" Well, yes, Mr. President it would be nice. The same thing can be said about China, North Korea, Mexico, Venezuela, etc. Why don't you say this about other nations? Why is it that you bash and insult and denigrate all these other nations but you withhold fire on Russia? You even take aim at NATO. But Russia and Putin. Not a word.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

11. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    These are nothing more then spox holes for Obama. Haters of Trump, and most of them have printed fake news.

When I said prove it, I don't mean give me endless links from haters of Trump! Try again. This is not yoursixth grade current events assignment crabby.

12. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States!

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fake News.

HankD

14. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hank you are going to ruin the credibility of Fake News with ridiculous fake news replies. There is too much smoke here for it to be fake news.

I think an important question is why did the FBI release damaging information on Hillary but sit on damaging new on Trump until now.

Trump Campaign Aides Had Repeated Contacts With Russian ...
    New York Times-12 hours ago

Trump Campaign Aides Had Repeated Contacts With Russian Intelligence ... As part of its inquiry, the F.B.I. has obtained banking and travel ...

15. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no light bright enough to let the blind see. You would never believe me or anyone else. Continue sitting in your Plato's cave.

If you do not see enough here to raise suspicion then you certainly should never criticize Hillary or Obama.

16. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure, it's so fake that Trump is getting sore fingers trying to tweet distractions away from it!

17. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would this non-sense be the stuff that Michael Kelly lied about and you asked for his resignation over? That non-sense?

18. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, Fabricated Marxist Press News

19. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do you salivate every time Trump tweets?
    :)
    HankD

20. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dude, did you just link to an RT article in a thread about contact with Russians?

That's kinda funny. :Biggrin