1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Trump Asks Christians to Pray for Him, Not All Leaders

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by InTheLight, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Oh gosh. Save the whole psych 101 babble for someone who is off-put or impressed by it.:rolleyes: Then why don't you vote for the one who supports abortion and gay marriage? Do tell how you have come to not acknowledge Christ in all you do when He commands that you do so?

Sure it does unless you're utilizing a secular worldview instead of a Christ-following worldview. It's obvious the one YOU are using.

I was wondering when someone would throw that most foolish retort out again. SO let me respond as I have before. If Trump isn't running for Pastor in Chief(just another way for you and others to try and take Christ out of the equation so that you don't have to acknowledge your opposition to HIS Way), then shut your mouths when it comes to anything moral or immoral. Don't say anything about abortion. Don't say anything about a candidate supporting gay marriage. None of it. Keep your mouth closed as morality based on Christ is not what you're looking for.

Sure it does except to the ones who want to remove Christ from the equation so that they don't have to acknowledge their opposition to HIS Way. That would be YOU.

Big deal.:rolleyes: This is one of the weakest excuses I think that I have ever heard for supporting someone who rejects Christ.What on earth does Christian religious freedom have to do with supporting Christ? This guy throws you a bone and suddenly he's your guy?:rolleyes: Who is your Christian religious freedom for, you or Christ?

This type thinking brings to mind the Scripture about God wanting our Obedience over our little perceived sacrifices.

What good is your "Christian religious freedom" if every opportunity you get you're giving a testimony for that which is against Christ? Pure foolishness personified.

Another example of your trying to impress with your psychobabble.:rolleyes: There's a principle in Scripture that you may want to review. It says
    If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. Mark 3:25

I might do His work underneath a Trump Presidency if HE so chooses, but I certainly won't do it "through Trump".

You've already shown that you haven't included Christ in YOUR thinking, so at the end of the day, why should ANY Christian care what you think? Your reasoning is about YOU and getting someone in the White House who best suits YOU and what YOU want.

My goodness. For some reason I thought that you were more mature in Christ than this. But you display a reasoning that says Christ is not to be involved in "your " politics because YOU have a better understanding for what YOU and YOUR country need.

What you're burying your head in the sand to is the same thing that Christians buried their heads in the sand to during slavery and Jim Crow: God has ALREADY spoken to how we should respond You just don't like that way and want to do it YOUR way.

Pish posh. You talk just like a worker of iniquity trying to sound like you're for a Christian influence when your every word salivates against the Christ you seem to think YOUR way supports. It is beyond pure foolish to think that supporting that which is against Christ is "Bizarro world" now an influence for Christ.

You consider it what you want. You seem to consider what you want a whole lot more than you want to consider Christ in YOUR politics. And to be clear Trump, the man you keep trying to push, has made it clear that he's never asked God for forgiveness of his "actions".

Now you try and massage and finagle that all you want. But wait and see who it really looks like is trying to sell a self -serving lie about Trump rejecting or not rejecting Christ.

dude save it. You don't want Christ in your politics. But keep going to this morality well of being anti-abortion when you're not trying to elect a Pastor-in-chief.:rolleyes:

You still trying to set yourself up to justify support for Trump.

Nope. God is not a God of confusion. He may ultimately choose to do those things through having a Pharaoh-type in office. But He certainly isn't going to call His people to go against what He has commanded to do so. That would be beyond stupid and something God DOES NOT do.

And again you come back with the psych 101 babble. You don't want Christ in your politics but want to complain about the moral condition of the Democrat candidate as reason for you supporting Trump.
    upload_2016-6-25_10-8-10.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm reminded of when the people wanted a king, and were told they already had God; but they insisted they must have a king, so God gave them Saul. And we all know how that turned out....

The presumption that our God-given attributes to make a rationally reasoned choice means we must automatically assume Trump is the best choice is a logical fallacy. This is only true if Trump is the best choice. That hasn't actually been proven

Remember: the Germans thought Hitler was their best choice at one time....

This conclusion only works if you consider that there are only two positive or negative outcomes (i.e., Trump = positive and Clinton = negative). If the outcome of voting for either candidate is negative, then your premise is false.

Thus, if the decision has no positive effect, and can only result in a negative, it only stands to reason to make the best choice possible, whether that be voting for either "best chance of winning candidate," voting 3rd party, or not voting. All three of those options are perfectly valid if one believes that the only possible outcome of the choices available will be negative.

Thus, voting your conscience is justifed, for the person who believes that there can only be a negative outcome.

• Like Like x 1