1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump Meets with Al Gore

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by InTheLight, Dec 5, 2016.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can some Trump apologist explain why he met with Al Gore? AL GORE??!!

------------
    As Donald Trump continues to indicate that he might be willing to change his position on climate change, which he has long called a “hoax,” the president-elect met Monday with former vice president Al Gore, who has become a prominent activist in the fight against global warming.

“I had a lengthy and very productive session with the president-elect. It was a sincere search for areas of common ground,” Gore told reporters after spending about 90 minutes at Trump Tower in Manhattan during the lunch hour Monday. “I had a meeting beforehand with Ivanka Trump. The bulk of the time was with the president-elect, Donald Trump. I found it an extremely interesting conversation, and to be continued, and I'm just going to leave it at that.”

Trump has repeatedly called climate change a “hoax” and has even accused the Chinese government of creating this fake problem to steal manufacturing jobs from the United States. But Trump seemed to soften that position during a meeting with the New York Times late last month, saying that he would keep an “open mind” on the issue and acknowledging that human activity might be connected to changes in the climate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...iscuss-climate-issues/?utm_term=.00d167ed02ba

2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    EPA Administrator slot?

3. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW, Al Gore met with Hillary Clinton a couple months ago and campaigned for her. Breitbart News has it covered. I sense a different tone....dunno....also think I know what common ground was being covered, if the earlier headline is any clue.

Trump-Gore-Breitbart.jpg

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That has to be it.;)

5. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ugh, Breitbart is so transparent and puerile. It is truly pathetic.

6. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So I bet you are thrilled that the executive editor of Breitbart is now Trump's senior adviser? LOL!

7. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably the pick I have the biggest problem with. Essentially a propaganda advisor. Gross.

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I support protecting the environment, so much so that my wife often says "Oh my gosh!!" (this is how she shows extreme disapproval) when I voice my conservationist/environmentalist opinions.

e.g. She really gets upset (Oh my gosh!!) when I ask her to do a better job of policing her spent brass to keep the environment clean (besides we can sell or give it to reloaders).

Although I'm not an environmentalist to the extent of the Cap and Trade Tax a.k.a. A Tax on Thin Air.

Four or 5 years ago I took the time to fill out the experimental Cap and Trade worksheet (Reportedly scheduled to be added to the 1040 booklet after the 2016, 2018 or 2020 election?) to calculate our "carbon footprint" and credits we would have to buy (Carbon Tax).

My wife and I would have had to pay about $1500.00 in Carbon Tax Payment! Arg!

I reported this on the BB years ago when I did this experiment.

Let's see what President-elect Trump does with it - if anything.

HankD

9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Trump purge of the Energy Department has begun!
    ----
    The Trump transition team has issued a list of 74 questions for the Energy Department, asking officials there to identify which department employees and contractors have worked on forging an international climate pact as well as domestic efforts to cut the nation’s carbon output.

The questionnaire requests a list of those individuals who have taken part in international climate talks over the past five years and “which programs within DOE are essential to meeting the goals of President Obama’s Climate Action Plan.”

The questionnaire, which one Energy Department official described as unusually “intrusive” and a matter for departmental lawyers, has raised concern that the Trump transition team was trying to figure out how to target the people, including civil servants, who have helped implement policies under Obama.

One question zeroed in on the issue of the “social cost of carbon,” a way of calculating the consequences of greenhouse gas emissions. The transition team asked for a list of department employees or contractors who attended interagency meetings, the dates of the meetings, and emails and other materials associated with them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...te-meetings/?tid=sm_fb&utm_term=.f28d0f6ff140