1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth in Advertising? I Don't Think So...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Nov 23, 2011.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...at least in the case of the recent J Lo Fiat commercial!

SEE: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...ng-grid10|htmlws-main-bb|dl9|sec1_lnk3|114882

So, what do you think?

Would you still buy a new Fiat 500? I think this is another HuffPost over reaction, stretching the news for a lead story. This is one more example of Hollywood's handiwork in what we see, and it doesn't surprise me, or cause me to think less of what I see, on television in ads meant to sell products. :sleeping_2:

BTW - I was enticed/seduced (buy the ad)to stop by a local dealer and see the car in person(it was late at night, the dealership was closed, and I was on my way home from dinner). They look to be smart and sassy, but I still need to test drive one and see more info on the car specs from experts like Motor Trend and Edmunds. :type:

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I don't buy anything based on celebrity endorsements anyway, but the car does look cool. But I am with you Paul, I want to see some reviews before I would buy.

3. billwald

billwald New Member

I don't buy any Chrysler product. If it was an exact knock-off of the original Fiat 500 with a 500 CC engine and fuel injection it would be a money saver.

The commercial . . . she must be a Republican.

4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I don't take anything commercials say as honest, unfiltered truth. Commercials specialize in the art of deception.

It's like watching a "magician" on tv...clearly there are problems with perspective and editing. A lot can happen in the "blink of an eye" when the camera take is shifted.