1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TVU and Christian videos

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Iamfree63, Nov 20, 2003.

1. J4KC35

J4KC35 New Member

How is it the PLOY of the devil? Since when would the devil want to spread Christianity and the word? He wouldn't!

2. GodsAmbassador

GodsAmbassador New Member

We are instructed in 1 Thessalonians 5:22 to "Abstain from all appearance of evil." Rock music is one of the world's favorite kinds of music, therefore it cannot be used by God. I don't believe God EVER used worldly music to further His kingdom. Sure, it provides entertainment, and the reason so many like it is because they already listen to and like rock music. We are commanded in Scripture many times over to "be holy" Holiness to God means, set apart from the world for God. How can we be separated from the world, when we listen to their music? So many times people ask, well the song has Christian lyrics, so it's okay to listen to. Try playing the song without the words, and it'll sound just like the rock music the world listens to. We need to raise our standards, so the world sees a difference in us. Listen to Godly music, that truly brings honor to Him, and when they ask why you don't listen to their music, you'll be able to explain salvation to them. We don't need Christian rock to bring people to Christ. On the day of Penecost, Peter preached a powerful message and 3,000 souls were added to the Kingdom. He didn't need that CCM, all he did is preach what God laid on his heart to preach. I believe with all my heart that the devil likes this Christian rock music, because even though the words seem Christian, the music is ungodly. I urge you to pray about these things, and ask the Lord to show you the truth from His word about what He would have you listen to.

3. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not believe Paul was speaking about making sure that we don't look like we are doing evil things.

The Greek word translated "appearance" in 1 Thess 5:22 is listed in Strong's under G1491.

eidos
    i'-dos
    From G1492; a view, that is, form (literally or figuratively): - appearance, fashion, shape, sight.

Basically, Paul is telling the Thessalonians to avoid all forms of evil--an admonition not to sin.

(If any of you use MVs, then consult them as well; they express the intent of the author clearly.)

Besides, look at the example of Christ. He associated with prostitutes! I'm sure that didn't look very holy to many!

4. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [sarcasm] Charmin is one of the world's favorite brands of toilet paper, so if you use it; you're going to hell!!!! [/sarcasm]

5. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Popularity does not equal evil. Breathing is popular. Reading books is popular. Does that mean we shouldn't the Bible??? Try to defend your logic on that one! Speaking English is popular among non-Christians; should we now abandon the English language? Using the internet is popular, but according to this logic, God cannot use the internet. So that means the Baptist Board is the work of the devil, so I suggest if you hold to this logic that you delete your profile immediately.

6. J4KC35

J4KC35 New Member

Stefan- Exactly.

None of it is evil.

7. GodsAmbassador

Obviously, you misunderstand or misinterpret what I've said. I never said that popularity means evil. (although there is a lot that is popular that I don't condone) Internet is popular, yes, but it can be used for good as well as all those other things you mentioned. But rock music is different. Do you really think that God is pleased with us using the music of the sex and drug culture in our churches? That's why the verse "Abstain from all appearance of evil." We need to abstain from that evil stuff! Part of the new Christian life is repenting from their former lusts. How is it repenting to keep listening to that junk? Sure different lyrics, but you'd never know it if the words weren't there. And how is that being separate from the world? It was mentioned that Jesus associated with prostitues. True, but he while he associated with them, he also didn't condone their sin. He never did any of the evil things that they did. The world needs a standard to look up to. How are they going to see a difference in us, if we listen to their music, dress like they do, talk like they do, etc.? We need to be different then them!

8. J4KC35

J4KC35 New Member

Christian Rock music does not use sex or drugs in their music. Nor do the people in the bands.

Rock music, and Christian rock music are two totally different things.

Christian rock stars, don't dress in any wrong way, or talk in a wrong way. They just are there to sing about the word.

9. Blazin4Christ

Blazin4Christ New Member

as many CHristian rockers i know, none of them have been influenced by a real Christian singer, for instance, Pillar says their influence is the Holy Spirit, then Limp Bizkit...does that make any sense? to mix your influence of the Holy Spirit and one of the world's most dirty singers?

10. GodsAmbassador

11. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

I agree there are bands that have questionable "listening influences". But they say that they are influenced does not nessecarily mean they listen to them they could mean musically. They get there sound from that band or artist.

12. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

And your links Ambassador are all on old bands such as Stryper and Petra not on modern groups like Kutless, Falling Up, 7 places, 7th Day Slumber, Newsboys. I have yet to see one of the above written about. Why? Because all you can do is say there music is bad. Nothing with there dress or any satanic symbols. Why doesn't someone write a story using modern bands.

13. GodsAmbassador

14. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

Another link to propaganda. Why is everyone that argues against CHR are also KJVO? There may be someone out there that doesn't fir that profile but 99.9% do.

15. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you really have to ask that question? [​IMG]

16. Blazin4Christ

Blazin4Christ New Member

I agree there are bands that have questionable "listening influences". But they say that they are influenced does not nessecarily mean they listen to them they could mean musically. They get there sound from that band or artist. </font>[/QUOTE]again I say, they said, that their greatest influences are secular rockers who lead horrid lives, have filthy music, how else do you think a Christian gets influenced to make rock music? from listening to it.

17. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

I agree there are bands that have questionable "listening influences". But they say that they are influenced does not nessecarily mean they listen to them they could mean musically. They get there sound from that band or artist. </font>[/QUOTE]again I say, they said, that their greatest influences are secular rockers who lead horrid lives, have filthy music, how else do you think a Christian gets influenced to make rock music? from listening to it. </font>[/QUOTE]Not all of them have non Christian band influences many have Christian influences.

18. paulsfocus

paulsfocus New Member

Praise the Lord, at least someone stands up for whats right. [​IMG]

19. AZfiddler_Oct1996

AZfiddler_Oct1996 New Member

Hey guys, [​IMG]

"Contemporary" is not the issue, it is the music- not the fact that it is contemporary. It is the music that isn't Christ-honoring...who had it first?

-AZfiddler

20. KJVBibleThumper

KJVBibleThumper New Member

Thank you kindly!! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I appreciate the compliment!! [​IMG] [​IMG]