1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Under Grace or Under Law?...Round 3

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by D28guy, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbell

rbell Active Member

OK, the thread's official now. DITW is making the "you deny God's Word" accusation. I was beginning to worry he'd forget to do it this time.

Nice, shining example of Christian maturity and putting words in the mouths of other posters.

Now all that's left is to question anothers' salvation, and all will be complete...

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

He wrote this because he did sin. He woudn't have to keep his body under subjection if he didn't sin.
    Again, he writes because of sin. Paul had sinful thoughts. He tells us that he had to bring these thoughts into subjection. The admission of the fact that he had to resist the devil, means that there were times that he gave into the devil, otherwise why write it.
    Is this what you say about Paul? Perhaps it is an indication that we are human, and that we still have a sn nature. Look at what Paul says about himself:

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Are you morally better than Paul?

3. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Diggin,

In truth, the scriptures contrast those 2...

"But now we have been delivered from the Law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit, and not the oldness of the Letter..." Rom 7:6

Why?

Because...

"...for the letter kills, but the Spirit brings life" (Rom 7:6)

The Law is designed to "kill" us, cause us to see our utter sinfulness and hopelessness, and to then drive us in our desperation to Christ...

"The Law was our schoolmaster, to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after faith has come, we are no longer under the schoolmaster" (Gal 3:23-25)

And we have no buisiness going back to the old way of lawkeeping...

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty by wich Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again in the yoke of bondage" (Gal 5:1)

In~His~Grace,

Mike

#243 D28guy, Jan 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2007
  4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Apparently you have not even begun to read Shiloh's posts!:type:

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    All that is true. And to BE true the Law must STILL exist!

It must still condemn the wicked!

it must STILL define truth and morality!

it must STILL be binding.

it's penalty (the second death in the lake of fire) must STILL be applicable to those who reject the gospel.

Do you have even one text in all of scripture that meantions "the old way of lawkeeping"??

Is the bondage spoken of in Galatians "needless obedience to God's word"??

Or is it being bound to man-made-traditions of the Jews?

In Christ,

Bob

6. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

rbell,
    You have a great example of Christian maturity with an evil looking dog with a syringe in its mouth as an avatar. NOT!!!!

I am surprised the board actually allows it. That sure is not glorifying Christ in the least to be promoting such as that.

Don't talk to me about Christian maturity until you can mature yourself and see what kind of damage that can to to the Christian testimony and witness.

7. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :applause:

You make a good point! That must be the "bad bible" that I am not reading like I accuse others of doing with the real Bible.

I believe you are quoting 1Humanism 12 vs 21.

In Christ,

Bob

8. Diggin in da Word

Reckon rbell thinks Jesus, Peter, Paul, John and others were not mature?

They all make reference to people denying God's Word.

9. rbell

rbell Active Member

I never claimed to be a paragon of maturity...but I also don't question the salvation of others and make vitriolic accusations on every thread I participate in either.

Sorry my avatar has damaged your walk with God. In deference to your weaker faith, I'll change it. Hope your Christian walk can recover.

But I have to say...your haughty and condemning attitude probably has turned more folks away than my excitable chihuahua.

You, sir, are no Jesus, Peter, Paul or John. They would rebuke people for theological error. You launch invective when anyone disagrees with you about anything-no matter the level of disagreement or discussion. Trust me...your attitude sets you far, far apart from those you mentioned.

10. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Diggin,

Stunning.

This boggles the mind. 1st, to actually publically ridicule a mans dog, who he probably loves as much as I love my dog, and 2ndly to actually promote that a picture of someones dog is going to destroy his witness and testimony. And YOU are bringing up the subject of christian maturity????

Everyone else...

You know this really is a breathtakingly clear example of what happens with hard core legalism is allowed to run its course.

Sadly,

Mike

#250 D28guy, Jan 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2007
  11. Diggin in da Word

I don't question people's salvation. The Word of God reveals that. No need to question at all. And by the very written Word of God, I have been rebuking those who are walking and teaching theological error.

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Diggin in da Word:

The topic of this thread is: Under Grace or Under Law?

Dogs or personal attacks, ad hominems, and such demeaning langauge have no place in this thread. If you can't keep to the topic, then don't post at all.

13. D28guy

D28guy New Member

RBell,

I'm sure your little dog is a priceless little friend. I have a Jack Russell terrier and if anything ever happened to her I'd be one sad dude for quite a while.

God bless,

Mike

14. His Blood Spoke My Name

D28,

Like DitW, I question that picture. The picture is a picture of evil. It does not promote Christ. Nor do the attacks of rbell against those who have many verses to show how a Christian is to walk promote Christ. It is not our attitude that is not of Christ.

Our focus has been on His Word and what is in it. We do not try to justify sin by saying God will overlook it since we made a profession of faith.

15. Diggin in da Word

Mike, if you don't see an evil picture in that dog with the syringe, you need better spiritual glasses.

16. Diggin in da Word

Amazing!

rbell comes in attacking my maturity and nothing is said. No matter that the picture is evil and his attitude sure is not Christian.

Is this really a Christian board? or is it just a place to justify sin?

17. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    His Blood --

Is this a new poster? Welcome!

18. rbell

rbell Active Member

DITW...

My last post on this issue...I'm sure the mods are weary of it anyhow...

I grew weary of watching you question the salvation of others, and accuse them of "denying the Word of God." I made attempts to be civil, and was met with some of the same accusations. I've reported several of your posts...they display attitudes and accusations that a mature Christian should not post.

I disagree with folks all the time here...but I do not throw out the vitriolic and uncalled-for insults that you do. You should really do some self-examination...why are you unable to have discussions, and even disagreements with others without going nuclear?

I don't question your love for the Lord, and your reverence for His Word. I simply think you need to work on stepping back, counting to ten, and realize:

1. that there's not gonna be 100.000000000% theological agreement on everything.
    2. Not everything is a life-or death issue.
    3. It's possible for others to love God as much as you and still disagree.
    4. Some of your posts have been mean and offensive, and you owe some apologies.
    5. "But he started it!" is not a valid reason for flaming others.

19. Diggin in da Word

When one is saying we can sin and not worry about punishment, I have a right to say otherwise. The Word of God tells us to do so.

We are to expose the sin through the Word of God, just as Christ did, just as Paul did, just as others did.

Some do not believe that is necessary though. Don't tel people sin will take them to hell. Don't tell them that God hates the workers of iniquity. If you do, they may not join up. We want a big number in our social club we call a church.

No thank you, rbell. You can pacify the sinner all you want with smooth talk. I will continue to reveal what the Word of God commands me to do.

20. His Blood Spoke My Name

1. if the theological belief does not line up with God's Word, then those who hold to God's Word should reveal what God's Word says.

2. When it comes to man, it is life and death. Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

3. I can't find the phrase 'agree to disagree'. As a matter of fact, Psalm 133 says the brethren should dwell together in unity.

4. I have read DidW's posts and see nothing but truth. Apologies are in order for those who disagree with God's Holy Word. But don't apologize to DidW, talk to God.

5. Funny thing is it is not those who are disagreeing with the Word of God who are getting reprimanded by a moderator. It is the one's who are speaking the truth from the Word.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.