1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ungodly behavior in Student Leaders

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by intojesus, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Brent

Brent New Member

How do you mean Gib?

2. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

haha! Hot Saucing is a form of punishment being discussed in another forum. Parent puts a drop on a finger and places it on kid's tongue.

intojesus - there has to be a solution, and its obviously not going to be a comfortable one. When we have a problem kid like what you have described, we set up a meeting with both parents and the kid, and also an unbiased person. We then ask the child to explain to the parents what he has done that is offensive. The 2 times we did this, it worked. But that was afrer talking to the "offender" severa;l tiems so he thoroghly knew.

3. intojesus

intojesus New Member

Dear Tator Tot,

Trust me this has been done. For us the answer now is to place it in Gods hands. The bottom line is... it is the parents that will be held accountable. Also next year this young man goes off to Christian college and is even trying to get on the Liberty Worship team, somehow my feeling is when Mom and Dad are not there to protect him he is either going to fly Gods way or his way and hit the wall. God is just so awesome like that. He will prune us because He loves us.

4. intojesus

intojesus New Member

Dear Brent,

I have to say I agree with you, how could I disagree its what Gods Word says.... but I am one small fish in a big ol pond......You know I don't mean to make this kid sound like a monster but he has his moments. My daughter went away this weekend and spent time with another youth group. She got to sing on their praise team, I asked her why she doesn't sing on ours she said "No Way"....You see she has heard several of the other kids cut kids down that tried to sing with the praise team. I guess they did not have the caliber but you know what they had the HEART...And sadly our Pastors son is one of the biggest to be critcal...partly due to his own icredible talent.....Hmmmm there is that pride thing...Hey I posted an article on a new thread about student led worship check it out you will find out this is becoming an epidemic...Its called "Leading Others into Worship"......

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

My friend you are in the wrong church! GET OUT OF THERE! Find a church, as hard as it may be, that holds up the standards of the word of God in its leaders.

6. intojesus

intojesus New Member

Dear Freeatlast,

LOVE THE NAME!!!! To be honest.. you can not know the many times I have wanted to leave but a couple of things keep me in place. One the Word of God is taught. Two I am a youth leader and I dearly love my students. Three my child has very close friends there.... Four I dearly love the people.....and the biggest being God is telling me to stay put. I am not sure but I feel like He is teachimg me something or about to teach me something and I am trusting in His timing and His justice. My husband and I have a heart for missions and one day hope to find a way to work and serve full time in the missions field. Our daughter only has a few more years of school and we are homeschool parents. My husband drives tractor trailer and somehow we believe that may be used one day. We have looked into Operation Blessings but are just not sure where God wil lead us. We know we want to finish our daughters schooling first. I am not sure why I share all this..lol..but I do have a tendancy to go on...Thanks so much to all of you for your support.

7. Eltrow

Eltrow New Member

If the Word of God is taught then why are there the problems. Sounds to me that the word is watered down. I've found very often if the church uses the New Illuminati Versions of the bible this sort of thing happens. What version does your church use? I know the controversy of the KJ only. This isn't the place to debate that issue. The observation is something I have noticed.
    LT

8. intojesus

intojesus New Member

I think the favored is the New American Standard...I have to be honest I grew up in a KJV only church and have a KJV only Mom who hates the fact I like the New Living Translation...but I guess thats another debate...lol....I mean that we are taught from the Bible currently doing a study in Revelation but getting ready to do "40 DAYS OF PURPOSE" not so sure about that yet, I read the book and liked it but I know we are stopping a lot of programs while we do this study and had some mixed feelings about that..but like I said thats another thead I am sure. take care...and thanks for your honesty.

9. Eltrow

Eltrow New Member

Check the quotes in the 40 days vs the KJ and see how they differ. I find a lot of differences. check out Acts 2:1 in the different versions. There is no unity in the body of Christ if people are just gathered together.

10. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

intojesus,
    all those reasons that you gave to stay mean nothging except one and the one is that the Lord is saying stay. However I would be very careful and test the spirits on that since what you discribed is so bad in a leadership perspective that it may not be the Lord at all. Your child you spoke about can and most likely will be infulenced in a negitive seise from all this. Be SURE the Lord is saying stay. Ask for a sign.

11. intojesus

intojesus New Member

Dear Freeatlast,

Thank-you I will!