1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

UNITED!!!! My very first post and its a Question!!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Jun 23, 2006.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

:thumbs: UNITED!!!!

Hello, this is Tali from Orlando, Florida I am 25 years old. I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior on Oct 17, 2002. Since then Its been a awesome thing, he has changed my life in many ways. I preached for the first time on November 05 and I preached again on May 06. I am still learning and have a long way to go!! But I know God is faithful and he will always see us through. We may not be where we have to be yet!! But we are better then where we used to be for the Glory of Christ :thumbs: .

I need your opinions on a subject: UNITY!!!

I have gone to several churches in the past in which there was true division. I have been to Baptist Churches, Pentecostal Churches, Non-denominational Churches EXT. One thing I look for when I go to a Church is for the WORD of GOD. Way too much Entertainment in today’s Church and not too much WORD.

I have seen Churches get divided by simple things like: Some that have the gift of Tongues, or some that don’t. I even know some people who have stopped going to Church because a member spoke in Tongues.

Now I know that I am a young Christian and have much to learn and that’s why I signed up here because I have seen many articles and this is a great message board full of Men and Women of GOD.

Its just Truly Sad for me to see that!!! Personally when I go to Church I go to look for the LIVING GOD. I don’t go to look to the left or to the right, I GO TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP GOD!!!!! No matter what!!! See I believe that GOD gave us a very important instruction and many are not following it:
    LUKE 12: Verse 31
    31 But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things[c] shall be added to you.

I believe that it’s very sad the Today’s Generation is divided. Some Pentecostal’s wont talk to some Baptists because some don’t like that fact they speak in Tongues and Some Baptists don’t like some Pentecostals because they are radical. One thing I know and its that we are washed by the same Precious Blood. That’s the BLOOD OF CHRIST!!!! He paid a AWESOME PRICE!!!!! And some are just playing with FIRE by talking about other Brother and Sisters in Christ.

Have you ever not had to arm a bicycle and all of a sudden there is a bolt that is extra once the bike is together? If we would have read the Instructions we would have gotten it right but we did things our way. God’s instruction is to Seek the Kingdom, and we have to Preach this Gospel and Spread the Good News because Jesus is Coming Soon!! But instead of Many working together!! We spend more time talking about Brothers who either speak or don’t speak in Tongues then what we spend Preaching this Gospel.

If we as United Brothers and Sisters in Christ Joined together in Prayer and Worship!!! There is power in UNITY!!!! Why is it that many don’t get this????? Thanks sorry for the long question!!! :wavey:

THIS IS MY FIRST POST!!! SO GOD BLESS EVERYONE!!!!!

#1 TaliOrlando, Jun 23, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2006
  2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

First welcome but are you Baptist?
    Second, They don't like for you to type a whole message in bold type. They say it is rude and I got talked to about it so trying to save you some trouble. As for everyone getting along. All the reading I have done I have never read where that happened but I know when it will but its not in this life. Some are very offended in tongue for we believe it means different languages. If all believed alike then I guess we would just have one name over the door but unfortunately we don't believe the same and you will find that to be true on this board also. Would be nice if we did though. Peace,

3. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

God Bless you brother Bob!! Sorry about the Bold!! I honestly didnt mean any hard or anything. God Bless all in this Forum.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Welcome to the BB TaliOrlando!

I would say that the reason for so much division is satan. The last thing he wants is for Christians to get allong and work as a cohesive unit in spreading the Gospel throughout the world. This is partly why there are so many denominations. Personally, I would stay away from pentecostal churches

5. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

I honestly think that is we as a Church spent more time praying for our brothers and sisters instead on putting them down. This would be a better world. One Church United for the Kingdom of God with one purpose!! For preaching this Great Gospel and bringing many to Christ!!! :Fish:

6. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

TaliOrlando, we can only be united in Christ, which means that we are united in the essentials of the faith. I think all believers in Christ are united in the invisible church. Just because there are different denominations does not mean we are not united. I personally do not want to be in a charismatic church but I consider those who speak in tongues to be believers if they agree on the essentials (Trinity, deity of Christ, bodily resurrection, etc.).

We can have differences on the non-essentials and be united on the essentials. Disagreeing on a thing like tongues is not being divisive unless we are saying that those who speak in tongues are not believers. Then that is divisive.

I agree believers should not put each other down when disagreeing on non-essentials. But we should have the freedom to discuss the issues (in love, hopefully).

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is started by a non-baptist and is closed. Non Baptists may post in any of the forums for "all Christians", but not in Baptist-only. :thumbs:

8. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

I sincerelly do Apologize, I didnt mean to post something in the baptist forum. God Bless and I do Apologize. I didnt mean any harm and I didnt mean to offend Baptist Members. God Bless :Fish:

9. Jack Lavictoire

Jack Lavictoire New Member

Sounds like Heaven huh! I to have notice a lot of division but I'll go wherever I'm led... Just lead the way Lord... Lead the way!!! :thumbs:

10. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Yeah Me Too!!! I feel ya!! :thumbs:

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You would have to go to a club or a rock concert to see that kind of unity. Even woodstock had more unity and love/understanding for their fellowman than the church. I guess that's why we go???