1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Universal application of the Scriptures

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by crazycat, Feb 8, 2007.

1. crazycat

crazycat Member

Do you believe in this philosophy? Do you believe the Bible addresses and is relavent in every aspect of our lives?

Why or why not?

2. AAA

AAA New Member

Yes it is...

Because, if it were not, then more scripture would have to be written. From the Biblical point of view we know that it will not be added too.

If it does not address every issue, then there is that verse that says: If any of you lack wisdom....ask God!

:godisgood:

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Yes, I do. I have never sought an answer, in the Bible, and not found one.

If the Bible is our final authority, it must contain all that we need to know... :godisgood:

4. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Yes, I do too. There might not be a specific verse spelling out exactly what you want to know in minute detail, but there are general principles which should govern our daily lives and which are all highly relevant in each aspect of our lives.

5. crazycat

crazycat Member

Then why do so many people believe the Bible has nothing to say about Smoking, drinking alcohol, or even the music we listen too?:tonofbricks:

6. I Am Blessed 24

Because people interpret different Scriptures in different ways. That's also why we have so many different religions.

7. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello crazycat.

Yes.

Where is this nirvana where Christians have nothing to say about smoking, drinking alcohol, or even the music?

Smoking is a thing that has one mastered. It is addictive and controls the one who smokes.

1CO 6:12 "Everything is permissible for me"--but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me"--but I will not be mastered by anything.

Drinking alcohol is often mentioned in scripture. I think if a person has too much occasionally, in private or at least able to get home, then there is no problem. It is when life revolves around drink it becomes a problem because it has become your master.

Music has words. What words are you listening to? Not that there is anything wrong with it per se but you notice error if you are into scripture.
    Heaven can wait, from Bat Out of Hell, is idolatrous. To tell God He can wait because you have found a girl shows that the love of the Lord has taken second place. :) I don't listen to this track even though I know that everything is permissable to me. I find it distasteful personally though the music and words are brilliant otherwise. A contradiction.

Recreational drugs are also ok but for the fact that you are to the obey the law when you are able. Where the conscience or law doesn't forbid and you are not in danger of being mastered then there is no problem with drinking, smoking or anything else.

john.

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

Yes I do, because God would not leave us to live the christian life He requires of us, and not tell us how to do it.

9. I Am Blessed 24

10. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because they don't have the Holy Spirit's guidance that you get when you are saved. There is lots in the Bible on those topics.

The music? Be ye seperate from the world....the smoking and alcohol? Do ye not know that your body is a temple? (paraphrasing to save time)

It's all there.

Debbie Mc :jesus:

11. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello dcorbett.

1CO 6:18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. 19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

Sexual immorality is the only sin against the temple. Smoking is an addiction and will be covered by being mastered. Jesus gives grace to overcome the world in His own time.

john.