1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Unmarried "Couples"

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Same idea as what the church counseled the man to do in the case mentioned by OldRegular.
    Just, the woman saw it was the Bible way despite the church apparently counseling against it:

Puzzling.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I think I'd pass the Salty driving test. :)

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Nope, not really and quite different from OR's scenerio.

With mine, the woman's sin was dealt with and she repented of it. She actually went to the pastors and asked them if she could address the church and she was given that opportunity. She was not forced to be there to "make amends" but instead asked to go before the church to ask their forgiveness because she felt the need to - but moreso to ask them for support as she chose to give her child life and to keep the baby and raise him in the church. She spoke of the need of help as a single mother and that is what she received.

However, had she been forced to do it to "make amends"? I believe that it would have been completely wrong.

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That would be another whole thread:thumbsup:;):confused::thumbsup:

5. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, I failed to realize the ubersignificant difference between "standing in front of the church to confess to the whole church and ask their forgiveness" and "appearing before the Church and making amends".

Thank you for explaining how "standing in front of the church to confess to the whole church and ask their forgiveness" is oh so different from "appearing before the Church and making amends".

6. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

You might have mentioned this and i missed it, but when your husband ask the unmarried man, when are you going to fix this? Was the unmarried man a professed christian or was he lost ?

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I guess you didn't see the "She went to the pastors and asked.....was not forced" portion of the post.

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

He was lost but saved that weekend. He moved out of the house and lived with a family from church until they could marry which worked out to be about 6 weeks later. His now wife was saved the week after he was and they went through premarital counseling as is standard practice at our church. It was quite the testimony to God's grace!

9. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

If i was in your husbands shoes i would consider the fact that he was not married none of my business if he was not saved at the time and not a member of the church. Where it worked out in this case it would not have worked out in a lot of cases and could actually have driven the couple away. To me, a lost person lives the life of a lost person and i don't expect them to live any other way. He and his live in girl friends salvation would be first and formost and nothing else for the time being. The way it worked out i would always wonder if he got married and made a profession and joined the church just to please me.

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I believe the grace shown by my husband in not crucifying the man for living with his girlfriend and instead showing that God understands that we sin but expects us to flee from it might have helped open this man's eyes to the Gospel. By that little bit of truth and friendship, he was open to hear the Word of God on that retreat weekend and he was saved that weekend. God used that situation in his life to humble him and call him. I'm glad my husband didn't say it was "none of his business". :)