1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Up or Out

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Salty, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Promoted or promotable? I was an E5 (P) for almost two years. The cutoff was off the scale and even with maxing the promotion board, great EERs and basic NCO acadamy under my belt I wasn't getting promoted.

3. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

It is the same in the Air Force. Yes it should remain the same. Why should any company keep dead weight around. You really have to be pretty bad at your job not to get promoted.

4. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

As Padre pointed out you can be outstanding in the Army and not get promoted. It isn't about skill, its about slots. Plus, there is still a lot of politics at play, especially for senior NCO's.

As to the topic at hand, I don't know how often the RCP (retention control point) has actually been used to put anyone out. The couple of times I am aware of dealt with a couple of E-6's that got busted down.

If they are getting stricter with the up or out are they also revamping the promotion system?