1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

URGENT: California Christians Need Your Prayers

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Nov 21, 2008.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am asking ALL Baptist Board members to hit their knees, and stay there until we [in California] break through....as you know, the gays, the Governor, and 1/3 of the state assembly and senate have successfully persuaded the State Supreme court to review the legal status of Prop 8. The decision should be available sometime in March 2009.

If I am reading it right, the court is going to, once again, take the will of the people out of their hands and give the gay community the right to marry.

This is a slap in the face of those who vote. We were told by the Yes on 8 Committee that this was a permanent, non-reversible constitutional change that could not be over-ruled by the courts. If the courts do rule for gay marriage, it will feel like we were lied to by the Yes on 8 people. Lied to as they took over 40 million dollars, and thousands of volunteer hours to get out the vote. Lied to by the Gov, who said that he'd support the will of the people. I guess 54.5% to 47.5% isn't the will of the people any longer????

This kind of cycle [vote on a prop, court overturns the prop] has went on way too long in the state, and many Christians and Californians are at the point of not voting for future issues because the courts eventually over turn the decision, and that is not democracy in action, IMHO.

We need God to intervene in this decision, because if California falls, so goes the other states in this union, and that means that a debased sin of the flesh will be given the satisfaction of being on the same moral level of man-woman marriages. Mark my words, if this is tossed out, the morals and values of each state in this nation will topple over like a string of stacked dominoes....

:1_grouphug:Pray....Pray....Pray....Pray!!!!

Shalom, and thanks for your earnest and fervent prayers to keep the family an institution between one man and one woman.

Pastor Paul:type:

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I suggest all Christians leave Sodom.

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Wrath of God is coming

Hi Pastor Paul,

I have a great deal of sympathy for my brothers and sisters in Christ who live in California and all of you are in my prayers. OldRegular's advice to "leave Sodom" may sound extreme but it may very well come to that. I fear that the homosexuals in California are going to try to re-define marriage and then they are going to go after churches and families who disagree with them. I know they are already doing that, but I am talking about things at a new and very dangerous level. Christians may have to leave the state to protect their children from the homosexual perverts.

Let us keep in mind that when a society goes in the direction California is going, it is a certain sign of the wrath of God on that society. In Romans 1:18-32 the Apostle Paul makes it clear that "the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men" and one way His wrath is revealed is giving people "over to degrading passions" (ie...homosexuality -vs26-27). The result of such wrath is fearful but real. Maybe this is the reason for the recent sudden and extreme fires? I don't know, but it could be. Keep in mind that one part of the wrath of God is that those who refuse Him do not recieve help. The Scriptures say:

"Because I called and you refused,
    I stretched out my hand and no one paid attention;
    And you neglected all my counsel
    And did not want my reproof;
    I will also laugh at your calamity;
    I will mock when your dread comes,
    When your dread comes like a storm
    And your calamity comes like a whirlwind,
    When distress and anguish come upon you.
    Then they will call on me, but I will not answer;
    They will seek me diligently but they will not find me,
    Because they hate knowledge
    And did not choose the fear of the Lord." -Proverbs 1:23-29

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great Advice

The advice is tremendous, and yes God will pour out His wrath on the state for its many sins. The problem is, I'm locked into California for so very good reasons.

1-House has gone upside down by more than $150 thousand dollars, and living on a retired pay check makes moving next to impossible,
    2-My medical is the best I could get, and I have six extremely chronic diseases. I've checked, and new carriers, out of state would not cover my chronic diseases.

I know God could make a way, and in case He pours out the wrath while I am still alive, I know He will make a way where a way seems nearly impossible. That is the kind of God we serve.:godisgood:

So, please pray for those of us who are stuck in the land of fruits, flakes, and nuts. We are wanting out, but, stuck and unable to leave just now.

Pastor Paul:type:

5. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

We here in Florida are praying too. We also passed a marriage amendment this past election and are under attack as well. California must hold it's ground as this issue is sure to effect our choice for marriage as well.