1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vacation Bible School

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by FriendofSpurgeon, May 25, 2005.

1. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

A poll regarding Vacation Bible School

2. Kayla

Kayla New Member

VBS, one of my favorite activities during the year, I love children and to get to share the word with them is so great and getting to let children have some good clean fun uninfluenced by Worldly things.

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

We used to have VBS in the mornings, but the last few years it has been in the evenings.

We run buses and a lot more kids come in the evenings. We even have preaching for the adults.

4. Kayla

Kayla New Member

how does the preaching work?

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Our VBS is June 13- 17th this year and we've already had a good number of planning meetings, gotten our room assignments, etc. All the workers get one of the T-Shirts. They had to special order some smaller shirts for 3 of us so I don't have mine yet but do have all my material. Each teacher is given $50.00 decorating allowance. I've spent less than $10.00 because I save all year and ask for odd things to be donated.

I was saved during VBS 46 years ago at First Baptist Church in Chickasaw, Alabama.

6. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

What about churches where the kids are on a year-round school schedule? Parts of the Denver area have year-round school with kids either "on-track" or "off-track". There is no traditional summer vacation. It seems to me the way I Am Blessed's church does it would make it easier for such kids to attend.

7. billreber

billreber New Member

A few years ago, I taught in an evening VBS at a mission church. I was not able to take vacation at the time my own church had VBS that year. (Our VBS was during the day.)

Both times can be good. It is not always the time, but the teaching, that matters.

This year, ours is June 20-24, and I will be teaching First & Second Graders.

Bill