1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Version Calls Jesus and Satan the Same Thing

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, Aug 12, 2004.

1. michelle

michelle New Member

--------------------------------------------------
    Ah, I see. So "morning star" and "the bright Morning Star" could also be different enough to possibly be referring to different individuals? Why are KJV-only people the only ones that are confusing them together, while the rest of us are not?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are not confusing it, but recognize the problem and the blasphemy of it. You all do not, nor do you seem to care. I take great offense to those who worship Satan, and refer to him as the morning star. I take great offense to the New Agers calling their ascended master "the Christ". This is blasphemy, any way you look at it, and DOES NOT BELONG IN OUR HOLY BIBLE. God does not portray Satan in a way to which it would be blasphemy, nor in a way to which HE would be confused with Satan. Only Satan and his followers would do such a thing.

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

2. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Yeah, they don't hate it but they love to change it

Another KJV-only untruth. I just checked my KJV. Not a word has been changed in it. The presence of an NASB on the shelf has not magically rearranged the letters on the page or caused the KJV to encourage me to "hail Satan" or any such thing.

Last I heard, producing a new translation does not require retrofitting all the existing ones. Maybe the KJV-onlyists know different?

3. natters

natters New Member

michelle said "We are not confusing it, but recognize the problem and the blasphemy of it."

It is only blasphemous if you are confused about it.

michelle said "I take great offense to those who worship Satan, and refer to him as the morning star. I take great offense to the New Agers calling their ascended master "the Christ". This is blasphemy, any way you look at it, and DOES NOT BELONG IN OUR HOLY BIBLE."

I agree, those are blasphemous uses of those terms, and do not belong in our Bible. Our Bible, however, can use those terms in non-blasphemous ways, for the intention is completely different.

So no actual comments on the differences between "morning star" and "the bright M]orning Star"? Why are such differences enough for you when talking about a "lion", or a "spirit" or a "god" or similar, but not here? Inconsistency.

4. Orvie

Orvie New Member

Yeah, they don't hate it but they love to change it, to make it fit what they want. I ask, what's the difference? </font>[/QUOTE]RR- stop bearing false witness! the case could be made that the Anglican translators "changed" the Bible to fit their Anglican theology.
    "What's the difference?" all BV's must accurately translate the Originals, whether KJV, NKJV, ESV, NASB,NIV, etc

5. Orvie

Orvie New Member

***yawn***
    blah, blah, blah, blah.....
    Welcome to the Twilight Zone Baptist/Anglican Church.
    You don't believe that God has preserved His Word, but pickled it in the KJV1769. :eek:

6. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

I'm not, I'm telling the truth.
    Then why do they all disagree? The KJB translates it perfectly, not the MVs.

7. Orvie

Orvie New Member

I'm not, I'm telling the truth.
    Then why do they all disagree? The KJB translates it perfectly, not the MVs.
    </font>[/QUOTE]and what standard do you use to determine how the KJV translators got it perfectly? your own faith? conjecture? you have to use what the KJV translators wisely used and go from there. BTW, the BV's do not "disagree", the translate differently, that's why they're called versions such as King James Version. Even the KJV is not based on one single MS or ancient version that 100% agrees, according to your criteria.
    Let's not pickle God's Word in English.

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Yeah, they don't hate it but they love to change it, to make it fit what they want. I ask, what's the difference? </font>[/QUOTE]Change it to make it fit what they want???

9. michelle

michelle New Member

So no actual comments on the differences between "morning star" and "the bright M]orning Star"? Why are such differences enough for you when talking about a "lion", or a "spirit" or a "god" or similar, but not here? Inconsistency.

The pure words of God in the English Language do not say Bright Morning Star, they say BRIGHT and MORNING STAR.

Rev.22

16. I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I AM THE root AND the offspring of David, and THE bright AND morning star.

michelle

10. michelle

michelle New Member

Yeah, they don't hate it but they love to change it, to make it fit what they want. I ask, what's the difference?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change it to make it fit what they want???

You just might be beginning to understand now (?).

Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

11. natters

natters New Member

michelle said "The pure words of God in the English Language do not say Bright Morning Star, they say BRIGHT and MORNING STAR"

Yes, deflect my question once again.

The KJV says "God" created the world and is sovereign over it, yet it also says Satan is "the god of this world". Why do you not get "God" and "god" confused? Why do you not charge the KJV with blasphemy because of this?

12. michelle

michelle New Member

***yawn***
    blah, blah, blah, blah.....
    Welcome to the Twilight Zone Baptist/Anglican Church.
    You don't believe that God has preserved His Word, but pickled it in the KJV1769.

The two are the same thing:

Webster's New World Dictionary

preserve: 1. to protect from harm, damage, etc., 2. to keep from spoiling 3. to prepare (food), as by canning, for future use 4. to carry on; maintain - n. 1. [usually plural] fruit preserved by cooking with sugar 2. a place where game, fish, etc. are maintained - preservation.

pickle: 1. any brine, vinegar, etc. used to preserve or marinate food 2. a vegetable, specifically a cucumber, preserved in this 3. [Colloq.]an awkward situation - vt. -led, -ling to put in or preserve in a pickle situation.

The food would be the words of God, and the preserve would be the English language. God has pickled his words of truth for those who are faithful believers in our language.

michelle

13. michelle

michelle New Member

The KJV says "God" created the world and is sovereign over it, yet it also says Satan is "the god of this world". Why do you not get "God" and "god" confused? Why do you not charge the KJV with blasphemy because of this?

Because God has made it clear HE CREATED THE WORLD and is Soveriegn over it, and has also made it clear that Satan is "the god of this world". Does the world acknowledge that God is the Soveriegn in this world? Or does the world make it clear that Satan is the god of this world? God makes it clear and evident that the world has rejected HIM, but that the world has accepted Satan. Satan rules over the lives of men in this world. God NEVER tells us Satan is Soveriegn of the world, nor that he created it. You seem to be the one confused.

michelle

14. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Michelle: “It is like the diabetic that loves ice cream, and loves the different flavors, but can't seem to give it up, even when they have come to realize that even though it tastes good, and even though there is so much variety, that it is in the end not very good for them, and very unhealthy and would cause them to become ill.”

That’s why Blue Bunny and Edy’s Sugar Free Ice Cream was created for us diabetics, serving as a clear illustraton of the point made by the KJV translators: “...variety of Translations is profitable for the finding out of the sense of the Scriptures” (KJV Preface, Translators to the Reader).

15. natters

natters New Member

michelle said "Because God has made it clear HE CREATED THE WORLD and is Soveriegn over it, and has also made it clear that Satan is "the god of this world"."

Yes, correct. So if you are able to distinguish between "God" and "god" without seeing it as blasphemous, why are you so convinced that others are unable to use that same principle for other titles that appear in scripture?

16. michelle

michelle New Member

That’s why Blue Bunny and Edy’s Sugar Free Ice Cream was created for us diabetics, serving as a clear illustraton of the point made by the KJV translators: “...variety of Translations is profitable for the finding out of the sense of the Scriptures” (KJV Preface, Translators to the Reader).

Not when they are based upon different streams of texts, and contradict the ALREADY established words of God in our own language. You are also misunderstanding the analagy I gave. The Health conscious would not even eat the ice cream. They would stick with the healthy food and not even venture toward the ice cream and variety of flavors it offers.

michelle

17. michelle

michelle New Member

Yes, correct. So if you are able to distinguish between "God" and "god" without seeing it as blasphemous, why are you so convinced that others are unable to use that same principle for other titles that appear in scripture?

Because the passages of scripture speaking of the morning star are all about Jesus Christ. There are no others referring to, nor implying this is Satan.

michelle

18. natters

natters New Member

Michelle, do you know what a circular argument is?

19. michelle

michelle New Member

Michelle, do you know what a circular argument is?

Yes, and you are very good at doing this, and encouraging others to playcate to it too.

michelle

20. natters

natters New Member

michelle said "Yes, and you are very good at doing this, and encouraging others to playcate to it too."

Please show me specifically where I have employed circular argument. I would like to eliminate such things from my approach to debate. Thanks. [​IMG]