1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

View on the KJVonly Phenomenon

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

Last time I checked the earth was still populated with sinful humans. Let's face it - it's human nature to take something inherently good and pollute it!! Look at American Christianity! It's our NATURE to fixate on lesser important details - like the bible version we use, dressing the "old-fashioned way", singing the "old-fashioned hymns". Now I'm not saying there is anything wrong with any of our "traditions" - I'm merely saying that it is human nature to worry more about these things than to worry about truly trying to live like Christ. Human nature!!!!!!

I'd say if the NIV were the older bible and the one that had been used by our churches in the past few 100 yrs then the tables would be turned! We'd have NIV only churches!!

Why I bet AA might be posting under the name "Anti-Byzantine".

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Just kidding!

2. Pastor KevinR

Pastor KevinR New Member

Thanx Dr Bob for posting this exposure of the thinking of some of the more extreme elements of the KJVO movement. DK said it's "insidious" [​IMG]