1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Visit with Dad

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by TheProdigal, Oct 30, 2004.

1. TheProdigal

TheProdigal New Member

My dad is a Huge Bush Cheney Fan and has always taught me to be respectful of other peoples opinions. He suprised me when I went to visit him by saying he had watched the movie Fahrenhype 9/11 without even watching the movie that it was critical of. (Fahrenheit 9/11)

When I mentioned I would be voting for John Kerry because he was the better example of living for others my dad only screamed.... Bill dont you know that he is the leader of the new world order. With his new wife in the background screaming over and over kerry lies kerry lies kerry lies ?????

Could somebody explain to me how he could already make up his mind when for all he knows John Kerry might have accepted Jesus into his heart long ago..

Bill Ross (first time voter) [​IMG]

Will be kind of happy when this election is over either way ... it has split our family 3 for Bush 3 for Kerry.

2. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey Bill,

I guess your father might have been mad because the intitial shock of you telling him who you were voting for. Of course I don't know. I don't know you or your father. Personally, if I were to vote for kerry (which I wouldn't and did not) my father would not have had the breath to yell. He probably would have fallen out dead as a leaf in winter. [​IMG]

Anyway, I hope it really doesn't divide your family. Hey, a few more days and the election will be over. I'm about tired of seeing campaign ads myself. I just hope that whatever happens God's Will be done.

3. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

My mother solved the problem of alienating family members by simple stating that who she voted for was none of our business. I don't recall her ever violating that.