1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vista Antivirus 2008 Rogue Software

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Crabtownboy, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you get a popup window entitled Vista Antivirus 2008 do not subscribe to it. It will probably scan your computer and tell you that you have 32 or 33 harmful files on your computer. Don't believe it! It looks very official and places a very impressive icon on your computer.

I am running McAfee in the background all the time, and yet somehow this one got through. I was suspicious as I had not heard of this software and it did just pop up. So I did a google search and found it is a nasty hacker software. McAfee did not find it when I did a search. I tried manually to remove the folders and could not. I then did a search again and found several software packages that said they would remove this rogue program.

I usedSpy Hunter and it removed the Vista Antivirus 2008 with no problem. You can do a free scan of your computer from their web site. There are several other anti-hacker packages that will also do free scans for you.

Keep your computer healthy.[/SIZE]

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks... I'll be looking out for it.

3. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

I had the WinFixer Virus a couple of years ago. It got thru McAfee, too, and crashed my computer. So I'll be on the lookout for this one!

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Not a McAfee fan. I think it's bad software and my advice as a computer professional is to never use McAfee.

5. GaryN

GaryN New Member

Anti Virus

I use Web Root spy sweeper and anti virus and so far have had nothing get through. Been using it a couple of years now.

Of course my desktop is an IMAC and I there is NO ANTI VIRUS needed! Very cool!

#5 GaryN, Jul 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2008
  6. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gary, sorry to burst your bubble...but there are viruses for Macs.