1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Voter fraud

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Mar 13, 2012.

1. billwald

billwald New Member

As long as both major parties are owned by the same international corporations and the system is rigged against minority parties . . . voting fraud is immaterial except at the municipal/county level. All the garbage about illegal voting is part of the grand scam.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Key word...citizens.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    and children are citizens!

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anchor babies born here?

True...unfortunately.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Heavens Dad
    You are forgetting one very important issue here - the Tenth Amendment. "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution , nor prohibited by it to the States are reserved to the States respectively, or to the the people"

Another words, I might agree with you if the Federal Govt were to fund libraries - but the State or Commonwealth and local governments have Evey right, if so desired by the people, to fund local libraries or any other activity per the 10th amendments.
    Therefore local govts are NOT STEALING tax payer money.

UNLESS "the people" voting for it are casting fraudulent votes

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess I'll ask again--where is the evidence that widespread voter fraud is occurring at the polling places?

[Note: I'm not asking about absentee balloting because a photo ID would have no effect on that method of voting.]

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Voter fraud is small potatoes compared to vote fraud.

#47 poncho, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012
  8. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

So, you think the majority has the right, by majority vote, to steal the money of the minority?

You should read a book called "The Law" by Frederic Bastiat. Government activity which extends outside of the purview of protecting the people and their rights, is tyranny, theft, and will ultimately spread into other areas.

If a local community wants to have a library, they should get together VOLUNTARY donors to have their library, not try to get 51 percent of a vote, to steal the money from the 49 percent who don't want to give their money.

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Exactly! It's more of a distraction than anything else. Judging from the replies here and the length of those replies people do love a good distraction.

The more important issue of vote fraud is very rarely if ever discussed here on BB even though the subject has been brought up at "election" time since I first joined.

Reckon that proves once again that most people only think in the terms the international corporations through their control of the mass media spoon feed them.

Try thinking outside the idiot box for a change folks! :smilewinkgrin:

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, you think the majority has the right, by majority vote, to steal the money of the minority?

I agree they should not steal - but when the majority agrees - it is NOT stealing.[/QUOTE]

So what you are saying is that if 51 % of a community does not want to pay for a fire dept - then it should not be required to have said dept, same with snow plows or any other necessary govt action.

So what you are saying is that a book written by one man usurps the Constitution of the United States and the individual States or Commonwealths.

#50 Salty, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012
  11. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

So, if you and me get together and vote to rob a guy going down an alley, its O.K., since we have more votes than him?!

HORRIBLE logic...and the reason why our founders expressly rejected a pure democracy.

Not at all. The Constitution knows NOTHING of a democratic government ruled by the majority. The Constitution was meant to RESTRAIN government...the REPUBLIC government, which is supposed to be served by elected representatives, NOT by mob rule.

FYI: Bastiat is in line with the writings of the founders, and actually points to the U.S. (the U.S. of the 1800s) as an expression of his ideas...however, I was encouraging you to read the book, because Bastiat tears apart the argument of common good and mob rule that you just presented...i.e. the tyranny of allowing the 51 percent to rule over and enslave the 49 percent.

12. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

“Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim—when he defends himself—as a criminal.” — Frédéric Bastiat

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Most folks here abouts have been thinking in terms of the collective for so long the idea of individualism doesn't compute with em anymore if it ever did.