1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Voters for Peace

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Mar 19, 2006.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

To bad they haven't been living up to their oath and protecting the constituion of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic. While our military is busy chasing foreign enemies our domestic enemies have wrapped themselves in our flag and are busy destroying our republic our constitution and our sovereignty with impunity.

2. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Yep, we should go after those as well but that's another story.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Doing the first duty (protecting the constitution) has been replaced by the later that's the real story.

4. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

"... I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic ... I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same ..."

It's all important!

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

A dilemma then, how can one do his first duty to protect and defend the constitution of the United States while doing his second duty following the orders of a POTUS that uses legislation, EXO's and helps to empower unelected international bodies that seek to undermine it?

6. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Jesus' Kingdom is future, This age of grace is seperate, unprophecied and temporary. After it's mission is accomplished, the Kingdom will come.

And and our military IS only used in defense of our nation. You're still beating the wrong drum.

7. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Poncho, you are on their team and are a cheerleader.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your position is not supported by Scripture, hillclimber.

Fortunately, our disagreement on this subject is irrelevant to being saved.

9. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

My position is totally supported in Scripture. You simply "choose" to ignore sound doctrine. I've seen it proclaimed here and you scoff. You choose not to search out these truths, so, if I'm right, you are not receiving the rich blessings of understanding. Rich and bounteous it is, and with this understanding comes soooo much.
    Fortunately, our disagreement on this subject is irrelevant to being saved.
    Are you sure? On what does your salvation depend?

10. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Honest question:

Where would you rather those wars of self-defense take place? Kirkuk... or Ken's house?

It is unrealistic with the technology of this day to think you can protect your populace without pre-emptive aggression against threats.

Now you may argue that we shouldn't do it anyway... but as harsh as this may sound, I would rather fight terrorists in their homelands than in ours.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Iraq was not a threat to the United States in March 2003.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ignoring your eschatology, hillclimber, certainly does not equate to ignoring sound doctrine. Ignoring your eschatology is to ignore false teaching.

I am trusting in the finished work of Christ Jesus on my behalf for salvation. How about you, hillclimber?

13. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

I guess your in then. Same here. I just wish you could see the WHOLE truth. At least more than you currently see.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wish the same for you, brother. I haven't given up on you yet. [​IMG]

15. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

We are not in the millinial Kingdom, prophecied in olden days. We do not enjoy universal peace, where no weapons are needed. The lion isn't laying down beside the lamb. etc, etc. We are in God's universal Kingdom where Satan is still the god of the earth.

Our difficulties are a result of not seperating the prophecied Kingdom, with Christ as King, from the kingdom of today. The Kingdom foretold in prophecy is absolutely not in effect today. It was about to be installed at the end of Christs earthly life and the four gospels were introducing it. That Kingdom was rejected by the unbelief of Israel. It, the prophecied Kingdom, was set aside, and thankfully replaced by an UNPROPHECIED Kingdom in which we dwell today. It is the body of Christ.

Because of failure to rightly divide scripture, you are trying to drag promises given to Israel, into todays Church body, our kingdom today. We live in a totally unprophecied period where the apostle Paul received the progressive revelation for Body truth in this age of Grace. When you take prophetic scriptures and try to fit them into todays body church, great error results and confusion reigns.

16. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Iraq was not a threat to the United States in March 2003. </font>[/QUOTE]That isn't what the Intelligence delivered to the President said. It said he had secret WMD's and a potential cooperative relationship with al Qaeda.

The later according to the latest information releases is probably more true than was previously thought.

We also know that Saddam was interested in sponsoring terrorism against the US by proxies.

However, what we now have is US Forces engaged with al Qaeda on the ground in Iraq. Is that better in your opinion than having al Qaeda engaged with the US populace on our own soil?

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Iraq was not a threat to the United States in March 2003. </font>[/QUOTE]That isn't what the Intelligence delivered to the President said. It said he had secret WMD's and a potential cooperative relationship with al Qaeda.

The later according to the latest information releases is probably more true than was previously thought.

We also know that Saddam was interested in sponsoring terrorism against the US by proxies.

However, what we now have is US Forces engaged with al Qaeda on the ground in Iraq. Is that better in your opinion than having al Qaeda engaged with the US populace on our own soil?
    </font>[/QUOTE]Brought to you by the same people that brought you uncontrolled borders, record deficits, WMD's, NAFTA, arab control of ports, etc, etc, etc, stay tuned for the next exciting episode.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since the Bush administration has refused to fulfill its constitutional duty to protect our borders how do you know that al Qaeda is not on our own soil?