1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Voting practice... ;)

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Pete, Oct 15, 2004.

?
  1. A. Christian

90.9%
  2. A. Hitler

9.1%
  3. J. Stalin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Not voting

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Pete

Pete New Member

Comments on BB have me wondering who would win, so here is the election ;)

I know I know...A bit extreme maybe, but it might make the point? [​IMG]

2. Pete

Pete New Member

[​IMG] I just realised I should have set the poll to close just after I voted so the answers would all be right :D

Oh well [​IMG]

3. NateT

NateT Member

Interesting. 3 people voted, and we each gave a different answer on the last question

4. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

5. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I haven't the foggiest idea what you are talking about.

6. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Now that the Bush supporter has joined the thread we have a vote for Hitler? :confused:

"An evil exists that threatens every man, woman and child of this great nation. We must take steps to insure our domestic security and protect our homeland." Sound familiar? Which of the following made the above quote: President George W. Bush, U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft, Homeland Security Czar Tom Ridge, or Secretary of State Colin Powell?

The correct answer is none of the above.

In 1922 Adolph Hitler, writing about the creation of the German Gestapo wrote the above quote.

7. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Maybe Stalin would be the best choice. Christianiny isn't too popular, and the Christian probably doesn't stand a chance. :rolleyes:

8. Pete

Pete New Member

I don't know if I'm surprised or not at Mr Hitler getting a vote...

I mean ok, in theory Mr Hitler & Stalin should get a few votes based on arguments here that the "best" major candidate should get the vote to keep the worst one out...But I didn't think they'ld be THAT serious about it :eek: ;)

9. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I didn't vote, because again I haven't a clue about what you are saying in this poll.

10. Pete

Pete New Member

Q1: I'm asking who is the best candidate [​IMG] (Included a not voting option for those that don't like any of them)

(A Christian isn't a name, just a Christian [​IMG] )

Q2: I'm asking was it easy or hard to pick your candidate from that list [​IMG]

Q3: I'm asking would your vote for that candidate be effective in the election [​IMG]

11. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Well, it's a pretty silly list.

12. Pete

Pete New Member

List may look silly at first, but trust me, there is a point behind it [​IMG] Will get into that when I get on tonight [​IMG]

13. Pete

Pete New Member

Interesting...With 10 votes in the Christian has 8 votes, with Mr Hitler & Mr Stalin 1 vote each...

I'm amazed the Hitler & Stalin voters found the decision easy, I guess that's big party loyalty for you ;)

The answer to the third question really makes my day [​IMG] 5 saying it would work in the next election, and 3 saying it might.

I guess the final result is: the big name candidates of the "majors" concede very early in the counting and the Christian wins by a landslide [​IMG]

Now what was my point for all this? Well swap the names I gave in this poll for Mr Bush & Mr Kerry, then put a Christian in the top job and leave both majors scratching their heads trying to work out what happened :D

Majority on this poll says it can happen anyway :D

14. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Good illustration, Pete.

15. Pete

Pete New Member

Thanks Jim [​IMG]

The names I used will probably get me into trouble, but oh well, the votes have been counted :D ;)

16. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

We will now invoke Godwin's Law.

Pete loses.

17. Pete

Pete New Member

Never heard of Godwin's so looked it up....

DOH! [​IMG] Oh well, the election on this thread is already over and the good guy won before the law was mentioned [​IMG] It wouldn't be an election without someone breaking the law anyway :D

We could always go for a quick candidate change to P. Pot & S. Hussein [​IMG] Never know, the Christian bloke might still win against them [​IMG]

I like to dream of a decent candidate getting in somewhere for a change, but sadly the main law that operates in any election is O’Reilly’s Law...."Murphy is an optimist!"

The whole thing usually ends up with the majors quoting another internet fad..."All your votes are belong to us" :rolleyes: :(

18. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

So the list is still stupid.