1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wall-E's director appreciates the Movie's Christian Themes:

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by UnchartedSpirit, Jul 2, 2008.

1. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

An article from Christianity Today appeared on CartoonBrew recently, the last blog I'd expect it to seeing how hostile commentators were to "The Ten Commandments" and similar animation debaucharies, evangelical or otherwise...

2. sjeff1

sjeff1 New Member

Our family saw it this past weekend. Not so impressed. Cute & lovable character and the young ones will probably like it. Very kid friendly. I found it very hollow when it was over.

SJ

3. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

I sorta fealt that way too, it was sorta like a "this should've been done years ago for it to have been stellar in the box office" type of feeling (no pun intended on the 'stellar' bit). I'm not sure that feeling comes from the fact that the science is so inprobable that it's more a romance/fantasy than sci-fi/romance movie, because the characters were all robots and we've seen that millions of times already, or because I would have been a all to easily impressed youth years ago....how about y'all?

4. sjeff1

sjeff1 New Member

Yeah, maybe that was it. Just too "me too"ish. Plus, it just didn't seem to have a point. Or at least it didn't do a good job pulling me in.

SJ