1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Walter Reed mess

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by billwald, Feb 24, 2007.

1. billwald

billwald New Member

I predict that no one over the rank of Major will be chastized.

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Isn't there already a thread on this? Why start another one?

3. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

It was closed after a few posts for some reason.

4. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

5. redbelt

redbelt New Member

The Major General in charge has been removed! Action taken by the Secretary of the Army. Swift action!

6. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

U.S. Army Secretary Francis J. Harvey resigned today. Does it get any higher than this in the Army? I don't know their rank and file.

I think they have been made aware of a mess, and are doing what they can to clean it up. At least that's my hope.

Jamie

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Well hoorah, its only been like that for many months. Smooth move, George. The only thing that is surprising is that it took this long to come to light with the number of seriously wounded in and out of there with their families near. The whole situation is a disgrace, and while the general got what he deserved, many above and way above that bear the ultimate responsibility. The names are obvious.

8. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

I assume you are referring to Bush, Saturn. Do you really think that Bush is aware of day to day operations at a hospital? And do we want a president who is that bogged down in details?

One of the complaints about Clinton was that he was a too involved in day to day stuff.

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

No President can be expected to know the operations of the vast array of departments on a day to day basis. However, a place that cares for those who fought for freedom and lost limbs, eyes, or some other body part that will effect them the rest of their lives, I would expect of all places to get the utmost attention from as high up as necessary. If there is ANYTHING in Washington close to sacred ground, it is this and Arlington.

I will guarantee you that the White House, Hillary's office and Teddy's office are not rat infested and crumbling all around them. Here is a perfect picture of how the two party system cares for the American people, one of many.

10. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

I was for nearly twenty years pastor of a church close by Walter Reed. The building in question is actually an old hotel that is off base, and was acquired by the Army several years ago after it ran down and became notorious for prostitution. I am not excusing anybody, but I do think they bought a building that was already decrepit.

Ironically, it is across Georgia Avenue from one of the WRAMC gates, inside which stand the impressive homes of the commanding general and his immediate subordinate. They can literally see Building 18 from the windows of their homes just by looking across the street.