1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Warning and wondering:

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by exscentric, Dec 27, 2009.

1. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those using or thinking of using windows 7, beware of thunderbird email. I did a fresh install of thunderbird since 7 has no email and while writing an email I was notified of two emails coming in. Finished and sent the one I was working on and went to read the two, and they did not exist. I checked in all folders and nothing. As I was finished checking folders another notification of an email was given but it did not show up in any folder.

I uninstalled and emailed them?????

Wondering what email programs folks are using on windows 7. I settled (for now) on windows live. I have not figured out, unless it relates to some of their lawsuits why they didn't ship it with 7???? again.

I checked several others but none said they worked in 7 so was a tad leary.

Be interested in any programs that you have found workable on 7.

2. David Michael Harris

David Michael Harris Active Member

Windows Live Mail is basically a modified Outlook Express, I asked on a MS forum about it for security reasons and I was told that the password is stored locally on your machine and also that MS do not scan or monitor the mail. Works just fine for me, although I was very happy with Windows Mail in Vista. Windows Live Mail will import all your mail from Windows Mail btw, no problem there.

Pegasus Mail is a good one once you get used to it.

http://www.pmail.com/

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I found where my emails went and have not quite figured it out but ...

I had been using dream mail, installed windows 7, dream mail would not work, uninstalled it, installed thunderbird. About a day later is when the emails disappeared.

Today I was informed dream mail had an update so I reinstalled it and did the update thinking it might work in windows 7. It did, opened fine and there were the emails :tonofbricks: Do not ask me how they got there when it had been uninstalled unless it was still functional in some capacity :smilewinkgrin:

Computers, who will ever figure them out completely. Just so they work.

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I'm using outlook 07 in a Win7 environment. No problems whatsoever. For my internet email (yahoo mail), I use the yahoo site directly via IE, and dont' use a third party mail application.

5. David Michael Harris

David Michael Harris Active Member

I think you will find that windows will not delete certain files due to file permissions, with its own programs that is. I would stick with windows live mail if I was you. Works a treat for me.