1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Was Jesus Christ a Jew by Blood ?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Feb 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Blood is not a commodity derived from Deity! The Godhead has no "blood" - blood is derived from humanity not divinity. God is "spirit" not flesh and "blood"!

Hence, the only possible source for human blood is from humans and the only possible human that Jesus could derive it from was Mary.

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

If Jesus wasn't a Jew (by blood) then He wasn't the Messiah, and if He wasn't the Messiah, then He is not our Savior.

This is heretical talk in this thread. Unbelievable.

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Agreed. But these things are becoming less unbelievable.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Jesus said to the Samaritan woman: "Salvation is of the Jews."
    Jesus was the Jew that He was referring to.

When Jesus shed his blood on the cross, he cried out "It is finished."
    Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins.

Christ was fully human and fully God at the same time.
    His blood was human blood, the blood of a Jew.
    He came in the likeness of Abraham who also had blood.

If Christ was not a Jew, not a man, did not have blood, then we don't have salvation.

5. AresMan

AresMan Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joh 4:9 Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.

Rom 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
    Rom 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

Regardless what the virgin birth entails with "lineage" Christ was a Jew according to the flesh. He was recognizable as a Jew.

This does not mean that being a true Jew under the New Covenant has anything to do with physical descendency. I am not a dispensationalist, and I recognize the import of the following verses:

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

Phi 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Col 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Trying to deny a legitimate physical body of Christ as Jewish is throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

6. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Excellent.

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

You were right until you made this statement, Christ did not have a Blood of a Jew, for He did not have a Human Father, neither did He receive blood from Mary, The Child generated His Own Blood. The True definition of a Jew is found Rom 2:28-29

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Circumcision of the Heart is a Heart that Truly Fears God ! Christ had that Naturally, men do not, Aadm did not, Abraham did not, for us it can only by New Birth, but not so with the Man Christ Jesus. But a full blooded jew Like Abraham did !

8. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Are you anti-semitic?

9. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Jesus was the Messiah before He became Incarnated, the word Messiah means anointed one, the Christ, which He was before the World began ! The scripture said He was the Messiah that was to come into the World . Jn 11:27

She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

The Messiah's People were given Grace in Him before the world Began 2 Tim 1:9

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

I would like to know how that was done if the Christ [Messiah] did not yet exist before the world began !

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This verse has nothing to do with the incarnation. When will you learn not to take Scripture out of context. Learn to rightly divide the word of truth.

You do err not knowing the Scripture, neither the power of God, as Jesus said.

Here is what the Scripture says:

Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
    --He partook of the same--the same flesh and blood that man has.

Hebrews 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
    --Not just any man, but the seed of Abraham. He was born a Jew. He was born of a virgin, of Mary. Did Mary have blood? Of course she did. That being the case Jesus did also, and that blood was shed on the cross. It was witnessed as the Roman soldier pierced his side and out came water and blood.

Galatians 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
    --Made of a woman: born of a virgin, came from a woman. He was in the flesh.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
    --He was God in the flesh, flesh just like ours. John said that he saw him. He was fully man. He was a Jew as Mary was a Jew.

Salvation is of the Jews.

11. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

No ! I am pro Truth !

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Then act like it!

13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

To be honest with you, I did not even say anything negative against jewish people to even merit that question. I am just contending that The man Christ Jesus was not a Jew by Blood descent !

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Was Jesus born of a virgin?
    Was that virgin Mary?
    Was Mary a Jew?
    Was Jesus a man?
    Did Jesus have blood?
    If yes, then he was a Jew, wasn't he?

15. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You are not denying that Jesus came in the flesh, are you?

16. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother, I know I’m late to the discussion, but I’m not following how you are applying John 1:13 to Jesus and His literal blood. This verse, in context, is talking about humans beings who have been saved and that they are saved spiritually.

"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. - John 1:12-13"

Children of God? Born how? Not of blood or the will of the flesh or of man, but of God. This is talking about salvation, not a literal birth. Literal births are of blood and of the flesh. This passage is referencing a spiritual birth. And it’s talking about mortal humanity – not Jesus. He is the Savior - not the saved.

“…purchased with His own blood” is emphasizing the ownership of the blood that saves. Whose blood? Jesus’ blood. It isn’t emphasizing any distinctiveness or uniqueness.

I could say, “My little cousin bought his mother a Mother’s Day gift with his own money.” That means that the money belonged to him, not that he is the only person in the world with a unique money system and doesn’t use dollars, dimes, and quarters. His money is like everyone else’s money, but the context states that he used his own personal money to buy the gift.

Jesus Christ did NOT undergo a circumcision of the heart. He had no sin that needed to be cut away. This passage cannot point to Jesus.

Brother, this passage is about the futility of circumcision to make one right with God. And it isn’t about Jesus. It’s about people who were trying to make the Law the path to salvation. And it isn’t speaking of the ethnicity of being a literal Jew, but the spirituality of being Jewish by faith. You’ve missed the point here.

Can you prove, with scripture, that Jesus Christ was not an ethnic Jew and had no Jewish bloodline, because your OP doesn’t.

#36 Scarlett O., Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  17. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was. But it was intended as a rebuttal to the Jn 1:13 reference which actually applied to those who “received Him” that “He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name.”

After reading the post regarding Isa 53:10 and many of the posts following, I have chosen to “opt out” of this one. In my opinion there are some threads on this board that venture beyond appropriate discussion or debate (within a Christian context). I am not questioning your faith, but mine bids me to leave this one alone.

#37 JonC, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2012
  18. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Yes he was a Jew by blood descent. God is a spirit and he certainly didn't get his blood from God because a "spirit" does not have blood.

His blood came from the human seed of Mary. Just because a baby produces its own blood does not mean the baby produces itself and the humanity was not derived from Deity. The humanity of Christ came from Mary.

#38 Dr. Walter, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2012
  19. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dw

No He was not, thats in your dreams !

He and everyone born of Him were born not of Blood but of God Jn 1:12-13

12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

And Jesus descendants are Spiritual Isa 53:10

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

As far as blood jews were concerned, this Man had no descendants, no offspring ! You know why ? Because they were not flesh and blood !

20. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dw

Thats a Lie, neither did He come out of her biological egg ! He was placed in her womb out of the Holy Spirit Matt 1:20

But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.