1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Was Mary a surrogate or did she contribute her seed to Jesus??

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by annsni, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If anyone believe in Biological Motherhood of Mary, she or he must explain,

How Incarnation can be true while Mary is Biological Mother and something from Mary was used for the formation of Jesus.

This is the Key issue, and when I tried to find the link, I found NO WAY for both to be compatible !

NO WAY to believe BOTH !

Biological Mother means " Flesh became Flesh" while the Bible says " Word became Flesh"

#61 Eliyahu, Jan 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  2. standingfirminChrist

Jesus was sinless because He was conceived of the Holy Ghost. Mary was only the handmaid of the Lord. She did not provide the egg... else the sin nature would have been passed onto Him.

Agnus, you need to go back and study the sinlessness of Christ.

3. grace56

grace56 New Member

You have to ask yourself does Jesus have one nature or two?

4. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please note what "Word became Flesh" doesn't mean that Word disappeared by being transformed into Flesh, but means that Word came into the world by being enfleshed and the Word still remains in the flesh. This coincides with 1 Tim 3:16.
    God was manifest in flesh.

5. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only one person.

6. standingfirminChrist

Christ did not have a sin nature.

7. MichelleinPA

MichelleinPA Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus being sinless has nothing to do with an egg or any seed. He was sinless because He is God. Period. End of story.

He is fully God and He was fully man. He can not be fully man, if He was not conceived by Mary.

To say that the Bible doesn't say what it says seems pretty arrogant to me. What is the saying, if the plain sense makes common sense, seek no other sense.

8. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can never explain Incarnation.

9. standingfirminChrist

Romans 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Because of Adam's disobedience, every man was pronounced a sinner who came from that bloodline of Adam.

Had Christ come from the bloodline of mankind, Christ would have been born a sinner. I am so glad He was not.

1 Peter 2:22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

Had Christ been born a sinner, His death on the cross would have been of no effect. That which was without blemish, without spot was the only sacrifice God would accept.

Had Mary provided the egg, Christ would not have been that sacrifice that was needed without spot or blemish. For the sin nature would have been passed upon Him.

Psalms 58:3 The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

Neither was guile found in His mouth. The spotless Son of God did not come forth speaking lies. He could not. He did not have the sin nature that was passed upon all men.

10. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Genesis 18

1 And the LORD ( Yehowah) appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; 2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, 3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant: 4 Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree: 5 And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said. 6 And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth. 7 And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it. 8 And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.

LORD(Yehowah) had the feet and ate the food, cheese and milk provided by Abraham.

Did they belong to Adam?

Could God create only one Adam?

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It seems to me as if you will never be able to explain the incarnation, as long as your focus is on the Word and only on the Word. It looks like you are disregarding all other Scriptures except that the "Word became flesh." A warning: that is what the cults do.
    You must take into account other Scriptures.
    You must take into account not only the deity of Christ but also the humanity. Christ was fully man and fully God. You are ignoring the fact that he was fully man and are only considering that he was fully God. Was he fully man Eliyahu? Yes or No?

If yes where did he get that human nature from?
    The only plausible answer is that he got it from Mary.
    If one irrationally concludes that that leaves the door open for the Immaculate Conception because Christ would have needed a sinless body, then it also leaves the door open that Mary's mother would have needed a sinless mother, and her grandmother, and great-grandmother...all the way back to Adam. Perhaps then we would all be sinless and just foget that fall ever happened. What nonsense!!

The sinful nature is inherited through the "seed" of Adam.
    The Bible says specifically that Christ would come through "her seed" that is the seed of the woman or through Mary. The egg or ovum doesn't become or inherit a sinful nature unless it is impregnated by man.

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

But Mary conceived by the Holy Spirit who is not sinful. Thus her "seed" was remained sinless and Christ inherited a human nature like us and yet without a sin nature.

Christ was born fully man and fully God at the same time.
    God was manifest in the flesh. The Word became flesh. The only way that the Word, the second person of the triune Godhead, could take upon himself man's human nature and still be without sin is to be born by a virgin, which Christ was. He was human: suffered as a human; was tempted in all points as a human; thirsted and hungered as a human, needed rest as a human, etc. This could only happen because he was born as a human and took upon himself human flesh, not divine flesh. He was fully God (the Word), and fully man at the same time.

Why do you continue to neglect to consider the human nature of Christ?

12. standingfirminChrist

We know He was fully God, but was He truly fully man as well?

Did He come forth speaking lies as all mankind does?

Because of one man's disobedience, we all are born speaking lies. How does a newborn speak lies? I do not know... yet the Word of God declares it to be so.

We try to reason out His birth with our finite minds and human understanding. In a natural birth, both the seed of man and the egg of the woman is needed to reproduce.

We fail to realize that Adam (the first Adam) was formed without the use of a woman's egg. It is not beyond God to do the same with Christ (the second Adam). He prepared Him a body, just as He prepared a body for the first Adam.

Did Christ have the capability to sin? I do not believe He did, for He came to do the Father's will.

I believe the Word became flesh. But He did not have the deceitful and wicked heart that Jeremiah said man has. I cannot see that He truly was fully man.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

If he was not fully man he was unqualified to die for the sins of mankind. A perfect man died for an unperfect mankind.

He was the just for the unjust that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but quickened by the Spirit.

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I find it very interesting to see that there are only 2-3 people on this board who support the idea that Jesus had no physical ties to human beings - yet He was fully human and able to fulfill prophecy - AND that there is absolutely no support for this in Scripture or any other theological or historical writings that have been pointed out to me (although I've asked - and the question has been wholly ignored because I suspect there is no support for this idea outside of a few people).

Denying that Jesus was born of a woman - of the seed of woman (that's not my words - it's from the good old KJV itself), makes Jesus not human. Why did God have Him born of a woman if she was just going to be the vessel to hold Him for 9 months? Why not have Him created and walk in from the desert on a donkey as someone else stated? What difference would it make - other than to deceive the people into thinking that He was a regular human being. My God does not deceive and He has clearly spoken. The Word became flesh. Any other child of Mary was not the Word - not the one and only Son of God - not God incarnate. Only a child born of Mary by the power of the Spirit could claim this. In Mary becoming pregnant without having known a man shows that it was a miraculous, only God involved kind of miracle. Jesus carried the DNA of His mother - and His ancestors including David, Abraham, Noah and Adam. That is clear in Scripture. I can't believe someone would come up with this idea on their own and push it as truth and say that the Biblically and historically accepted truth is heresy. That's getting into some shaky ground, IMO.

15. standingfirminChrist

Was a lamb that was sacrificed in the Old Testament considered a man?

My Bible tells me God wanted a perfect sacrifice. Christ was that sacrifice. Had He been fully man, He would have had the sin nature of man and thereby disqualified as a sacrifice.

If He were fully man, He would have come forth speaking lies as all man does. Did Christ ever lie?

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Your blind to the truth here. He was born of a virgin so that he could escape the sin nature. It was the only way. The sin nature is passed through Adam, not Eve; man not the woman.

For by one man sin entered into the world and death by sin.

17. standingfirminChrist

The word zeras (seed) means posterity or child. It never means egg. Women do not carry a seed.

18. standingfirminChrist

Did Christ come forth speaking lies? Was His heart deceitful and wicked?

I don't believe it was.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Your position (though adamant) is not tenable. Do some research on Genesis 3:15. The word seed is exactly what it means in its historic context and does not have the meaning that you give it. Women do not carry the seed. You are right. And that is why it is a miraculous virgin birth.

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Proof that he didn't inherit that sin nature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.