1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Washington’s Al Qaeda doesn’t exist and never did

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

You did when you tried to sharpshoot my agreement with Poncho, and then misrepresented the title to ask a ridiculous question. I sure didn't, I just gave facts that have always been known to me and that others might find interesting.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK I looked back and I simply asked two questions looking for your view on it. I did not sharpshooting or whatever else you said. I think you have read something into my words I never intended. But hey I will leave you alone. It seems you are not having a good day.

And quite frankly I am tired of this. You cant even asked simple questions around here without a whole agenda read into it.

3. Sapper Woody

I am sorry if I read an attitude in your posts that you did not mean to come across. The way I took it was demeaning. Again, I apologize if that wasn't how it was meant.

But to clarify, no I don't think America is wholly at fault. But I do think that we handled the situation poorly, and that Al Qaeda is perceived improperly by a majority of Americans.

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So how should we perceive them and how do our Military leaders perceive them also do you know some thoughts by our military leaders on how they have been presented to the American people by our politicians.

5. Sapper Woody

The way Al Qaeda is portrayed in the media (and hence my inference that it is viewed this way by a majority of Americans) is this huge, multinational group that plans all terrorist attacks. And this simply isn't true. While Al Qaeda is indeed a terrorist group with it's own hierarchies, they are not alone out there. In fact a vast majority of the attacks on US troops in my area of Iraq during the time I was there were not perpetrated by Al Qaeda.

I can't answer about what military leaders are thinking about how Al Qaeda is portrayed. I've been out of the Intel game for too long to know what they are thinking now. I can tell you what I said in an earlier post about an Intel officer basically saying that the attacks in our area were "Just a bunch of dudes". I can't say much more than that, other than what I've already posted.

Again, Al Qaeda is real, and they do plan and execute terrorist attacks. But they're not as large as people think. One thing they want is for people to fear them, after all, they're terrorists. So they will take credit for every attack they can.

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My understanding from what I have seen in the media was that Al Qaeda had little to do with the attacks in Iraq. In fact it was reported that there were some claims by them in Iraq but by and large what was going on there had to do with Hussein old army and other homegrown groups. Also I have seen reports about concerns that Iran was funding much of this to include now in Syria.

What I do not believe is that what ever the media gets right or wrong is a result of some grand conspiracy by the collaborative media to lead the American people into wars unnecessarily. Which is what poncho thinks.

7. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

You were never a member of a street gang, or you would understand how one gang can affect so many wannabees. All that AQ has to do is have one affiliated member give a nod one time to a group of morons in one sect in Iraq. Those morons, then, without any communication, financial support or oversight, will behave exactly like their 'hero' OBL and AQ.
    OBL didnt have to even meet most of the players, all he had to do was pop his face into the game once inna while.
    Little local gangster imams would preach the new jihad, recruit local young men to the cause, and in every section of every city in the 10/40 window, little local unaffiliated pockets pop up.

8. Sapper Woody

That's pretty much exactly what I said in one of my posts. Except in our area, the "big gang" was the ISI.

9. thisnumbersdisconnected

And encourage other morons from Syria, Lebanon, Gaza, Turkey, Afghanistan, etc., to pour into Iraq, Afghanistan -- or perhaps in the future, France, Spain, Great Britain -- and create similar havoc wherever they can. That's what the liberals will never understand, that their demands for "negotiation" before action will constantly and utterly fail, because there are too many groups with too many different agendas, and they all take their lead, inspiration and guidance from al-Qaeda and OBL.
    Exactly. That's why, despite the moron-in-chief saying repeatedly -- including just before he authorized the SEALs to take the man out -- that OBL wasn't effective, was isolated, had no influence, yadda yadda yadda, was yet another Great Pretender lie. He in fact still had great effectiveness, was not isolated and was the biggest influence in the movement. And even though dead, remains so today. They riot and parade the fool's picture around the streets. Tell me he doesn't still have influence. Sadly, leaving him alive was not a better option.
    Waving OBL's picture above the crowds as they preached. You got it, prophet. That's exactly how they work, and why they are so dangerous. Any one of them can preach a local jihad, and while one jihad doesn't cause much harm, a dozen, a hundred, a thousand of them going on at once most assuredly causes chaos.

#29 thisnumbersdisconnected, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2013
  10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

What Poncho thinks is what the evidence shows. Manifestly. The govt lies and fear-mongers and the MSCM repeats it over and over and over with very little if any investigation. [​IMG]

If it weren't for the alternative media (what the MSCM and the brainwashed masses call "conspiracy sites") Washington would have gotten us into another Libya "regime change" scenario in Syria. Now the Saudis are mad at Washington because they have to shoulder the burden of funding and arming their own Islamic extremist (Al Qaeda?) proxy forces against Assad.

And the "ouster" is failing.

Another thing Poncho thinks is it's foolish to support some "war on terror" that uses terrorists and murderers as proxy forces to overthrow the governments of other nations. Some of the same people who Sapper was battling against in Iraq are now in Syria being funded and armed by our "allies" Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

Poncho is against terrorism whether the terrorists are funded and armed by Iran or Saudi Arabia or Qatar or Washington or even Israel.

#30 poncho, Dec 16, 2013
  11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

OBL was very effective . . . for a guy that has been dead for 12 years. The Bush's and Bin Ladens aka business partners made good money from the "war on terror". The Carlye group supplied the bombs and weapons that destroy and the Bin Ladens supplied the equipment and man power to rebuild.

What a racket! Money money money money ... money!

On a clear night you can smell the fascism.

#31 poncho, Dec 16, 2013
  12. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And China, Japan, India, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Russia, the African nations, all of South America--they all go along with what the Western mainstream media say and report. For example, they all went along with the idea that US Navy Seals killed OBL in April 2011 because....well....because...they're all morons in lock-step with the corporate controlled news media.

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Man you gotta be kidding. Right? Obama and his administration have lied about everything and covered things up and intimidated journalists and gone after wistleblowers like mad.

What is wrong with you? If we had any real journalists in the MSCM Obama and most of his administration would be behind bars! Wake Up!

Here's your western journalism . . .

One of the worst Christian massacres—complete with mass graves, tortured-to-death women and children, and destroyed churches—recently took place in Syria, at the hands of the U.S.-supported jihadi “rebels”; and the U.S. government and its “mainstream media” mouthpiece are, as usual, silent (that is, when not actively trying to minimize matters).

The massacre took place in Sadad, an ancient Syriac Orthodox Christian habitation, so old as to be mentioned in the Old Testament. Most of the region’s inhabitants are poor, as Sadad is situated in the remote desert between Homs and Damascus (desert regions, till now, apparently the only places Syria’s Christians could feel secure; 600 Christian families had earlier fled there for sanctuary from the jihad, only to be followed by it).

In late October, the U.S-supported “opposition” invaded and occupied Sadad for over a week, till ousted by the nation’s military. Among other atrocities, 45 Christians—including women and children—were killed, several tortured to death; Sadat’s 14 churches, some ancient, were ransacked and destroyed; the bodies of six people from one family, ranging from ages 16 to 90, were found at the bottom of a well (an increasingly common fate for “subhuman” Christians).

http://balfourpost.com/largest-massacre-of-christians-in-syria-ignored/

Where is the western media? Why aren't "conservative" Faux Snews well groomed talking heads all over this?

Because they don't want Americans to know just how totally screwed up our Bush/Clinton/Obama "foreign policy" of destabilizing nations causing civil wars, ethnic cleansing and spreading Islamic extremism is.

Because their multinational mega corporate owners and sponsors might lose money if Americans knew the truth and shut the scam that is the "war on terror" down.

I love you guys I really do. There's been thousands of threads here about Obama's lies, his administration's lies all the cover ups all the scams, all the scandals, all the off the charts corruption. Thread after thread page after page about how Obama lies consantly and continually without remorse and yet somehow when he tells you he killed the big bad boogeyman right at the exact moment he needed a big boost to his phoney image you swallow it whole without question!!! :laugh:

Here's a couple questions the western media should be asking. Why is Washington and our "closest allies" in the middle east funding and arming Jihadis that murder Christians? Why aren't we gearing up for a huge expensive "humanitarian" rescue effort on the Christian's behalf???

If the MSCM reported Assad had murdered all these Christians you'd be all locked and loaded and ready to turn Damascus into a parking lot with NATO bombs. But seeing as how It's our "foreign funded" Islamic proxy forces doing the murdering it's not even a topic of discussion in the MSCM or on this board.

Why is that? [​IMG] That's why.

#33 poncho, Dec 16, 2013
  14. thisnumbersdisconnected

What poncho thinks is largely irrelevant and moonbattish.

15. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know Obama is a liar. I just assume it's his default position.

What you failed to address (again) is that your theories about corporations running governments, Obama being dead for 12 years, and any other thing that gets you riled up, might be repeated in the West, but it's not true in the rest of the world. In other words, do you think China's government believes Obama has been dead for 12 years? Do corporations run the government of Saudi Arabia? etc. etc.

16. thisnumbersdisconnected

I know SEALs, Rangers, and other JSOC assignees. There isn't one of them who could be coerced, cajoled or threatened into lying about an assignment of that nature.

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The United States, or maybe a better term is the Constitution, has many complex enemies internal and external. Internally, our worst enemy is the President and Congress, along with the sheer greed fed to them by mass media, corporations, financial institutions, and the endless web of deceit that they use to feed one another.

Externally is another matter. During the Cold War, things were much simpler. The world was basically divided into three sections, the United States and its allies, the Communist world, and the Third World, which was esstentially irrelevant. Today things are much more complex. Take China for example. At one time, they were a Communist state and bitter enemy. There was no exchange of anything. Fast forward to today, and they are still not to be trusted, but they are a curious mix of market and some form of communism. We trade and travel to and from the country at will. The biggest thing one notices about China is that they finance out national debt. Things have also changed with our other greatest enemy of the Cold War, the Soviet Union. They are now fifteen seperate nations. Most are Muslim and impoverished. Russia, Ukraine, Bellarus, and Georgia have working economies, but not near the economy of China. They are not really our friends, but neither are they our bitter enemies as they once were. Russia is still not to be trusted, and still has many nucs.

Then of course, there is the threat of Muslim extremism, and the varioius organizations like Al Queda that truly hate us and want to destroy our way of life. While not a solid block of power as the Soviet Union and China once were, all it would take is one nuclear bomb.

The point is, we live in a much more complex world than fifty years ago, and the demands on the intelligence services is much greater. What most of the posts are correct about is that most Americans do not have a clue of the level of danger we live in daily, or what it takes to protect us.

18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

You don't read to many Chinese newspapers evidently. Nor Russian for that matter.

The Saudi government? If I want to hear what the Saudis want me to hear all I gotta do is turn on Faux Snews. Prince Al Waleed's Faux Snews. As a special bonus Faux will tell me what the Israelis and Qataris want me to hear too. Their side of the story and only their side of the story.

BTW, I never claimed Obama has been dead for 12 years. I haven't failed to address anyting. I've addressed corporatism and corporate fascism so many times I can't even begin to count them. Okay? It is not my fault you cannot comprehend the concept of " the hand that gives is greater than the hand that receives". It's a very basic concept but I can't make you comprehend it. You've definately proven that alright.

#38 poncho, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2013
  19. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Of course you do. You can personally vouch for each and every member of the police and military and you never tire of telling us all about it.

Obama is a pathological liar. His administration is made up of sociopathic authoritarians that don't think twice of abusing their power and position to intimidate and coerce people into silence or obedience.

You complain about it all the time until there's something these crooked liars claim you want to believe then all of a sudden you start defending their integrity.

Unreal.

#39 poncho, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2013
  20. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The idea that Obama was correct about Al Qaeda and that he had destroyed this tiny outfit is just Democrat talking points aimed at destroying the reputation and work of Bush.

Yesterday it was published that the Saudi government was officially involved in Nine Eleven. The Democrats just don't want the American people to know how serious the war on terror is.