1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Washington cop shoots skateboard-wielding stepbrothers accused of stealing beer

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, May 22, 2015.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On the surface, I agree. However....

The original call was regarding two men who had attempted to steal beer, and threw the items at the clerk. When the officer confronted them, they allegedly attacked him with a skateboard.

What part of that says "I deserve respect"?

For the record: the story as it currently stands does NOT support the use of deadly force. I'm reserving full judgment until we've heard from the two accused thieves; and I'm curious to see the investigation results.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Previous posts lead me to believe you are a pretty smart person. This isn't one of them. Still, I'm sure you can figure out how someone might disarm a person wielding a skateboard.

P.S. Police receive training in hand-to-hand combat, plus this cop was a veteran of the Afghanistan war.

3. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

A skateboard to the head could kill you. Please tell me how the officer could disarm the punks wielding skateboards without suffering possible severe injury to himself.

4. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The law regarding the use of deadly force is pretty straight forward.

A large piece of hardwood weighted with metal, swung at the police officer, constitutes deadly force and deadly force to counter that attack is not only within the law, it is the ONLY intelligent response.

Had there been only one attacker, and the officer was equipped with one, the use of a Taser might have been an option. But as there were two of them, and a Taser can only disable one of them (and Tasers are not always effective), the firing of his sidearm was the only possible option.

It had nothing at all to do with race. It is about crime, aggravated assault on the Police Officer, and the consequences of criminal behavior.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It's okay my child. Say 1000 Hail GOPs and lash yourself 50 times. That should cleanse you of your evil.

Well, perhaps that's a partial tradeoff since it's acceptable for white people to murder them when they are unarmed just because they are "scared". So I guess we can say that it's an historically natural reaction for old white men to murder black men and rape their wives and daughters.

Now we're all on the same page.

#25 Zaac, May 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2015
  6. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is my take on it as well. It's not clear that both suspects were present when one of them allegedly attacked the cop with the skateboard.

7. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like how the headline implies that these two were shot just for stealing beer. Hello, they both assaulted a clerk and a cop:

https://www.facebook.com/KIRO7Seattle

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Been to that Safeway many many times, it's all on tape. Good luck trying to turn Olympia into Ferguson or Baltimore, there's like fourteen blacks in all of western Washington state. You'll need all the rent-a-mobs and the many white liberals to participate, let's see them loot and commit arson

8. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like how the news article said they threw the beer at the clerks. I pictured them whaling cans of beer at the clerk's heads. Instead the guy kind of lamely offers it up to the clerk as he walks past her.

9. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  10. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Violence begets violence.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When will petty thugs learn there are consequesnces for their lawlessness?

They're lucky to be alive. When able , they should look up the police officer and apologize for their behavior.

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ya know, somehow I knew I wasn't gonna get a response to that question.