1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wasted votes

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Oct 14, 2004.

?
  1. Voting for a major party candidate even if you don't believe in him/her.

63.6%
  2. Voting for a candidate you believe in who has "no chance" of winning.

22.7%
  3. There is no wasted vote.

13.6%
  4. Not voting or no opinion.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what? Some of us don't view politics like a visit to the horse race track and feel we have to place a bet on one of the two horses with the best odds.

2. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

There you have it, Hardsheller's "well connected" 70 year old cousin in Millersville, MD has never heard of Peroutka, so he must not be doing enough publicity and he must not be a serious candidate. I will make sure I contact your cousin from now on so that I can know who's who, in order to make the best educated decisions in the voting booth. :rolleyes:

3. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

This is a convenient way to avoid the question.

Actually, I hadn't heard about these people. I guess Bush's past alcoholism is OK to talk about, but not whatever this is???
    </font>[/QUOTE]ballfan was bringing up a news story that was published earlier this year in a "liberal" paper. It was a story about a problem with Peroutka's step-daughters from over 10 years ago. Peroutka's wife made the decision to have her daughters removed from the family, as they were becoming a danger to the other kids in the family, and one had been "brainwashed" by her counselor into making false alegations against Mr. Peroutka. ballfan, who claims to no nothing about Peroutka, has taken the time to read this story about Peroutka, and judges him on this one "liberal" news story.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Now, see how easy that was?

I've had some experience with foster children, so i can imagine that the "spin" you place on the story is an accurate one.

St. Francis of Assisi once said, "When you sin, sin boldly." Strunk and White said somehting similar: "when you don't know how to pronounce a word, say it loudly."

In other words, don't run from this story. It happened, and there's a way to tell it that paints Perouka as a caring family man who tried his best to help a couple of troubled youngsters.

Again, emphatically, this is what I mean by saying that Peroutka is doing none of the things neccesary to be elected, or even noticed.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am still flabbergasted that the Peroutka-haters spend so much time spewing forth their vitriol since they don't think he will get enough votes to matter in even one State.

5. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

No one has ran from the story. Peroutka actually posted a link to the "liberal" news paper on his web site, and encouraged anyone with any questions or concerns to call his office for more information about the story.

ballfan simply doesn't like Peroutka because he is running against Bush. He knows that he can't challange Peroutka's policies, because he is so much more conservative than Bush. So ballfan resorts to attacking Peroutka's family and his character.

6. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

The one thing that would make me change my vote would be to find a fellow Conservative who saw the unworkability of capital punisment, and promised to repeal it.

7. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

[​IMG]

8. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Well, if Peroutka did that I retract my statement. That is exactly the correct approach.

By the way, what is Peroutka's website?

9. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

[​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]That's mature. :rolleyes:

10. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for sharing your photo, Gershom. It's always nice to place a face with a name. I had no idea you were that young. [​IMG]

12. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

KenH,

hehe... sorry. That was meant for someone else. That's what I get for being a smarty-pants.

13. ballfan

ballfan New Member

I knew that was where you heading. But, they don't live in his household. [​IMG]

I gotta give you credit for trying to be a good "forum troll", but it won't work. You are basing your whole opinion of Peroutka on one liberal "news" story, about a case that happend over 10 years ago.

I won't start digging through Bush's past. :rolleyes:
    </font>[/QUOTE]See, we don't know much about him do we. Are there any more Holly and Dawn Hubbards in his life?

14. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

What is that supposed to mean?

As I said, ballfan simply doesn't like Peroutka because he is running against Bush. He knows that he can't challange Peroutka's policies, because he is so much more conservative than Bush. So ballfan resorts to attacking Peroutka's family and his character.

15. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Lighten up, dude.

16. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Either "are there more youngsters Peroutka has helped by opening his home to them," or "Is there dirt we don't know about?"

I gotta tell ya, I'm not a real big fan of this kind of debate. It borders on ad hominem.

17. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Lighten up, dude. </font>[/QUOTE]Grow up, dude. You aren't bolstering your argument at all.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since Mr. Peroutka is not going to win, is this even relevant to voting?

19. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Not in my mind, no.

20. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I would guess that for ballfan it's another attack, and as you said "Is there dirt we don't know about?"

I would rather debate the issues, but some, like ballfan, refuse to debate issues.