1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Watching From Above?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by drfuss, Oct 9, 2006.

1. drfuss

drfuss New Member

No, I agree with being absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

My post:
    "That tends to agree with my last line in my last post which was:
    Perhaps when they die, they are transported immediately in time to the second coming so they can rise first and be with the Lord."

I believe upon death, we will be immediately transported in time to the second coming where we will be forever with the Lord, i.e. Absent from the body, immediately present with the Lord at his second coming.

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbsup: :smilewinkgrin:

3. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good thoughts, Helen.

I've often wondered about time in Heaven. Is it concurrent with time on Earth? We do know that God exists outside of our space/time continuum. Time means nothing to Him except as one of His creations. "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day" (2 Pet. 3:8).

However, will time cease to exist for us when we reach Heaven? I'm not convinced that time will disappear for us, since even in Heaven we will be limited creatures, not omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient like God. :type:

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Revelation 10:6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

John; how do you know this when it says it has not yet appeared what we will be like, but we know we shall be liken unto His most Glorious Body?

That river flowing that comes from the throne as I understand it, is already flowing and in the midst of it and on either side is the Tree of Life is the coming of Christ, his dying and His blood flowing back to fulfill God's promise to Israel and forward for all mankind until the end. I think it tells the story of Christ coming from Heaven which the river flows from Heaven. The leaves for the healing of the nation. Those leaves are coming from Christ and if you get healed it will be from Him.

I claim to know nothing among you saving Jesus Christ and Him crucified. There is not other tale to tell.

6. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just speculating, Brother Bob, just speculating. This is no doubt one of God's mysteries.

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

No way!...

8. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Satan showed Jesus all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. One day is as a thousand years to God therefore I would submit that time does exist apart from this world that we live in though in reality the dimension of time may be somewhat altered.

As to whether or not we can see our loved ones it would seem that we don't really know though I lean toward not seeing them for the following reasons, Samuel did not know what was going on, the rich man did not know how his family was doing and Moses and Elijah did not seem to acknowledge anyone but Christ. Jesus said John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. Did Abraham see it by faith or by sight? Since it is past tense I submit that he saw it by faith, the same as Job.

Thjplgvp

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Wouldn't be Heaven if you could see all the terrible things happening here on earth. We are entering a rest not a place were we need nerve pills from watching one giant TV screen. :laugh: :tonofbricks:

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Won't the martyrs be waiting for God to avenge their deaths? It seems they are looking forward to the terrible things to come on the unrepentant.

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

good point.......

This was before the resurrection and they had not received their bodies as of yet and if this is what they are saying "how

long" for or did they want to see the vengance take place is up to us to try and interpt. They did not even have their white

robes at that time they were disturbed but have them now. Their fellow servants on the earth will have their white robes when

they get there. I just can't see the saved watching their love ones being punished. Heaven is a place of peace and love and

watching the punishment of your love ones just don't fit in to me.

#31 Brother Bob, Oct 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2006
  12. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No way to what?? The Bible verses?? Tears in Heaven?? What I said about the Great White Throne Judgement?? What??:confused: :confused:

13. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I think the dead rising in Christ first means the dead will get their resurrected bodies first, before those who are still alive and still in the mortal form of their bodies. That is what I was taught this means and it makes the most sense to me.

As far as the OP goes, frankly, I find it creepy to think of people in heaven watching or seeing me. I don't think they are, either, as they are in the presence of Christ and looking to him, not at us!

14. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I agree with Marcia on this one, too!!

But if it doesn't bother the OP---let me raise a question that was raised me and my answer to the question.

QUESTION:

When we get to Heaven---and find out that our lost husband didn't "make it" --- or our lost momma or our lost daddy---or someone close to us---what will our reaction be--to know that they are lost to a devil's hell for all eternity??

ANSWER:

When in Heaven we will know as Christ is known---I believe that at that point---He will give us His wisdom and we will be moved to understand eternal judgment, condemnation, and punishment---and we will understand that justice will be served upon them by a Living God---thus--we will be moved as He is moved---even if that move is a move of eternal damnation!!!

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I think it means there will be no tears in Heaven for God will have wiped them away and left them in the grave. I could be wrong, I haven't been there yet.

I also don't believe we will know if our loved ones don't make it. Getting too much nature in Heaven folks.

#35 Brother Bob, Oct 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2006
  16. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But the verse is future tense: He will wipe away all tears.

And how could we not know if our loved ones are in Heaven? Do you then believe that we will not know who our loved ones are in Heaven?

Please don't take offense. I'm just trying to figure out your interpretation.

17. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

God's ways are so far above ours that we none know exactly how it will be in Heaven. Scriptures says it has yet not appeared what we shall be like. Also, wipe away tears in the future, well the resurrection is still to come.
    It is a good thought to believe we will know our love ones as our Mother and Father, spouse and children but I really don't know. I do know that God is able to make us where we could know those who are in Heaven and not remember those who are not but do I think that is how it will be, I just don't know. What information we have on being in Heaven they were before the throne with their hands raised and singing: Holy Holy are thou oh Lord for thou art worthy for thou hast redeemed us with thy blood.

I have heard preachers scold for saying you will know your mother there but I have always said there is nothing wrong with believing you will know mother there and is just that much more reason to want to go to Heaven. Whether we will for sure or not, again I don't know.

Also, the scripture says we shall be known as we are known and that seems to indicate we will know. I say this of assurity that ever how it will be, we will be satisfied.
    I have no quarrell with those who believe they will know mother there and I have no quarrell with those who don't.
    There will be neither male or female, so there are so many things we just will have to wait and see. But crying and weeping in Heaven, No I don't think so. I think it will be all rejoicing. I think weeping and crying is nature and all nature will be left in the grave and as far as that goes mother is nature also. Again, ever how it is will be alright with me.

I have read your threads since I been on here John and have no reason to take offense at you.

18. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the good answer.

Just trying to make sure. Once you thought I was bitter--I suppose due to my sometimes blunt method of debating.

God bless!:jesus: