1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

We have been made complete in Him !

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by savedbymercy, Jul 12, 2015.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Col 2:10

10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

The Lord Jesus Christ by His Life and Cross, has made all for whom He represented, His Church, men and women from all nations, from both testaments, hath made them all complete, which means also, He has done everything required of them to inherit Eternal Life ! He has done that which He told the young ruler to do, in order to inherit Eternal Life

Matt 19:16-21

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect or complete, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Yes, those Christ Lived and died for have been made complete, perfect, all requirements fulfilled by Christ for them.

Understand, there is not one requirement that needs to be peformed by them He Lived and died for, the only thing thats need to be done unto them, is for that completion , perfection of Christ's accomplishment for them, be applied to them by the Spirit, which is done by New Birth, so by it, they are given all things that pertaineth to Life and Godliness, Rom 8:32

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

2 Pet 1:3

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

All things needed shall be applied to them that is conducive to and promotes Life and Godliness !

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

We have been made complete in Him !2

Understand, there is not one requirement that needs to be performed by them He Lived and died for, the only thing thats need to be done unto them, is for that completion , perfection of Christ's accomplishment for them, be applied to them by the Spirit, which is done by New Birth, so by it, they are given all things that pertaineth to Life and Godliness, Rom 8:32

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

2 Pet 1:3

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

All things needed shall be applied to them that is conducive to and promotes Life and Godliness !

Included in the all things given/applied/bestowed is both Faith or Believing and Repentance, things Christ has already done for them in their names and behalf.

Faith and Repentance are needed to Live a Life of Godliness, for without it, one cannot please God Heb 11:6

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Now Christ, the Covenant Head for the Elect, just as Adam was at Creation, when He Lived upon the Earth as their Covenant Head [See Isa 42:6], He Lived in Faith/Trust, always pleasing the Father God Jn 8:29

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

Note: He did this as Our Last Adam, as a Head in Covenant with God for us, as Adam was in the beginning, not as a mere private single individual !

It is written in Heb 2:13

13 And again, I[Our Covenant Head Christ] will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

The I here is Christ, the Covenant Head for God's People, and He says that He is going to put His Trust in God, the word Trust here is peithō and means:

II.be persuaded

A.to be persuaded, to suffer one's self to be persuaded; to be induced to believe: to have faith: in a thing

i.to believe

ii.to be persuaded of a thing concerning a person

B.to listen to, obey, yield to, comply with

III.to trust, have confidence, be confident

And its the root word which Faith is from, which word is pistis which is made from peithō,

So Jesus ad Our Head has already done for us what Adam as our head failed to do, which was to, Listen, obey, comply with, be persuaded, unwavering Trust in God as required !

As the Head of the Covenant People [Isa 42:6] He has done that for them, thats why Heb 2:13 adds " I and the children which God hath given me."

Thats all for whom He was responsible for as their Covenant Head, and in Union with Him they also have Put their Trust in God, obeyed God, listened to God,complied with God in all things, but not in themselves, but in the Name and Person of Jesus Christ !

His Trust and Obedience to the Will of God is theirs Heb 10:7

7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

Was Faith part of His doing the Will of God ? Then those He represented has already believed in God as required before they are even born and born again ! If not, He did not make them complete !

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

We have been made complete in Him ! 3

His Trust and Obedience to the Will of God is theirs Heb 10:7

7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

Was Faith part of His doing the Will of God ? Then those He represented has already believed in God as required before they are even born and born again ! If not, He did not make them complete !

Such Trust and or Faith that Christ had in God while obeying God's Law for those He represented as their Surety, by Him therefore was everything done that was required for them to gain Salvation/Eternal Life, and so that Faith,Trust in God and doing God's Will has been or will be applied to them by the Spirit, each of them by the Spirit shall receive the Gift of Faith/Trust indicative of having trusted in and through their Covenant Head , Jesus Christ, and each shall receive the gift of repentance or a change of mind, indicative that His Mind is their mind, and so they are given the mind of Christ 1 Cor 2:16

16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

Those whom He was Surety for receive His Mind in New Birth, for it is written of their Surety Ps 40:8

I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

And they receive as a reward this Heb 8:10

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: See Heb 10:16 also !

Since He was their Surety Representative, the Mind He had in doing the Will of God, they receive as evidence of their Union with Him, when He did the Will of God for us as Our Head, hence He gives Repentance [a change of mind] to Israel Acts 5:31;11:18,

So both Faith/Trust and Repentance must be given to each and all Christ represented as their Surety, their Covenant Isa 42:6

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

For these evidence their Covenant Union they had with Him in His Life and Death in their behalf, the giving of Faith and Repentance is evidence that Christ has done all required to save them, all that has been required by God's Law and Justice ! That's why He made them complete, and why they are complete in Him !

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

We have been made complete in Him ! 4

You see when people teach that Faith and Repentance are the requirements of men to get saved, that deprives Christ of the Full Glory of being the Saviour of sinners, He doesnt get full credit for doing all what was required to save them He Lived and died for, He left something undone, incomplete to secure their Salvation, hence they were not quite complete in Him.

If by His Death/Offering, those He died for had been Perfected forever Heb 10:10-14

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:

12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Yes He has perfected forever them that are Sanctified, which are them He died for in Vs 10 !

Since this is True, How can any He died for die in their sins and in unbelief ? For that would mean, that even after Christ by His Death, Both Sanctified and Perfected forever them He was offered for, still end up in hell for their sins in unbelief ! Jn 8:24 This should be an horrible thought to any claiming to believe in Christ and His Saving Death !

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

He gives us an Understanding !

1 Jn 5:20

20And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

The wise Solomon once wrote by the Spirit of God Prov 4:7

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

Christ, if He came and died for us, He is Our Wisdom, for it is written 1 Cor 1:24,30

24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

God gave Christ to all for whom He was delivered up for, and with Him He freely gives us all things, which would include an Understnding Rom 8:32

32He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him[Christ/Wisdom] up for us all, how shall he not with him[Christ/Wisdom] also freely give us all things?

Understanding comes with Him and He gives it to them He died for 1 Jn 5:20

20 And we know that the Son of God[Christ/Wisdom of God] is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

The only condition of Him giving us an Understanding was that He has come ! The giving an understanding is the direct result of His Coming, they are cause and effect related !

Its the word dianoia and it also means mind as it does here Heb 8:10

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, G1271 and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Heb 10:16

This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds G1271 will I write them;

It means:

with a good significance, the faculty renewed by the Holy Spirit,

Christ came in answer to a Covenant Engagement, for He was given a Covenant of the People Isa 42:6

6I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

So thats why we have Heb 8:10;10:16 understanding minds !

The understanding is give writes John in 1 Jn 5:20 so that we may Know Him that is True

Which again is Promised in the Covenant that they shall all know Him Heb 8:10-11

10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

This corresponds with both 1 Jn 5:20 and Jn 17:3

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

So that knowing given by giving an Understanding as a result of Christ's Coming is experiencing vital Eternal Life

So we must all for whom He came and died nust experience vital Eternal Life, or His whole Purpose for Coming is thwarted !

Before Christ gives us an Understanding, the one we have by nature is darkened Eph 4:18

Having the understanding G1271 darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Holy and Unblameable and Unreproveable in his sight

Col 1:22

22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Who does this apply to ? Some may immediately say that it belongs to belivers ! Yet does it apply only to believers ? No, not at the time Paul wrote it. It does apply to any sinner that Christ died for, believers or not, though eventually they shall believe ! But nevertheless its not conditioned upon believing, but solely "through death" His Death, the Lord Jesus Christ's death, on the body of His flesh, which comprehends the entirety of His Person and Work, His Obedience unto the death of the Cross Phil 2:8

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Everyone Christ died for before they believe a thing, even while being enemies, alienated and enemies in their minds by wicked works, they are through death [His Death] Holy, and unblameable and unreproveable in his[Gods] sight !

This is the Truth God given Faith believes and Trusts in !

Now the reason why this is True of even unbelievers that Christ died for is because, Christ is their Holiness before God and not anything they do, He is their Righteousness before God, He represents them in His Holiness and Righteousness before God Heb 9:24

For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for[in behalf of] us:

So those He appears before God in behalf are made Holy and Righteous in Gods sight.

Also they are unblameable and unreproveable because the great cause of censure and blame can never be charged to them by God, which is sin, for God for Christ's sake cannot and will not lay any charge or blame of sin unto them, simply because all was laid to Him on their behalf. In Ps 40:12 a Messianic Psalm we see somewhat of the sins/ iniquties of His People being charged to Him as their Surety Ps 40:12

For innumerable evils have compassed me about: my iniquities have taken hold on me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of my head: therefore my heart fails me.

John Gill writes on this verse:

Never to be charged upon any again Jer 50:20

In those days, and in that time, said the LORD, the iniquity of Israel shall be sought for, and there shall be none; and the sins of Judah, and they shall not be found: for I will pardon them whom I reserve.

Since Christ's Suretyship did such a Perfect and Complete Job, God sees all His People in Him as Holy, Unblameable and Unreprovable ! Even when they are in themselves in a state of rebellion, enmity and unbelief ! That cannot affect Christ's Work in their behalf !