1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Westminster Confession of Faith

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Psalm 95, Mar 11, 2008.

1. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

I think the WCF is an excellent read. Baptists of all theological backgrounds could learn a great deal from it, at the very least a lesson on how to really write a confession of their faith! (except for Reformed Baptists...lol)

2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL
    When did a Reformed Baptist church actually write its own confession?
    All those I know of merely ape the work of the seventeenth century English Particular Baptists.

3. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Christians should study the major, historically important, doctrinal statements and works, so that even if they don't agree with it, at least they know what they're disagreeing with. It would at least prevent noncals from misrepresenting cals to some degree. The WCF is one of those important documents. It could THE defining document of protestantism and it represented a matured reformation.

4. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

You are probably right about that!

5. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Most of the reformed baptist churches I know have their own confessions of faith. Yes, there are strong similarities with confessions such as the 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith, but that is unavoidable if a church's beliefs are similar to those expressed in the confessions of the 17th century.