1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What’s involved in doing God’s will for salvation?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Samuels, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Samuels

Samuels Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Matthew 7 (NLT):
    21 “Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’, will enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
    Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.
    22 On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name
    and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’
    23 But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’ ”

People on Christian forums usually focus on the Pentecostal part of the above (verse 22).
    But, this passage is about DOING GOD’s WILL, which is OBEYING HIS COMMANDMENTS.

“For by grace you have been saved through faith … not of works” (Ephesians 2:8-9).
    This misunderstood passage is NOT referring to any “work” of obeying God’s commandments!
    No, it is saying: salvation is NOT gained by doing good works/deeds towards your fellow man.

Matthew 7:23 (NKJV) “I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!”

Matthew 7:21-23 stands against people who “practice lawlessness” (i.e. who break God’s laws).

To do God’s will, one needs to be practicing righteousness, not practicing lawlessness!
    John agrees with Jesus …
    “In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest:
    whoever does NOT practice righteousness is NOT of God” (1 John 3:10, NKJV)

God’s will is for you to be holy, so stay away from sexual sin.
    Then each of you will control his own body – and live in holiness and honor –
    not in lustful passion like the pagans do who do not know God and his ways.
    … God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives. Therefore, anyone
    who refuses to live by these rules is not disobeying human teaching,
    but is rejecting God, who gives his Holy Spirit to you.” (1 Thessalonians 4:3-8, NLT)

“If anyone refuses to live by these rules, he is not disobeying the rules of men
    but (disobeying the rules) of God who gives his Holy Spirit to you.” (1 Thes 4:8, TLB)

“And the world is passing away, and the lust of it;
    but he who does the will of God abides forever.” (1 John 2:17, NKJV)

Many of the Laodicean (Rev 3) pastors leading our churches today …
    prefer popularity and your tithes over teaching what real saving faith demands.

They would have you stand on the one verse which says: to do God’s will believe in Jesus.

If you are involved in any habitual sin, guess what?… you are sinning.
    If you are NOT following Jesus’ teachings and commandments, you are sinning.
    If you are NOT sincerely repenting of your sins, they are NOT being done away with.
    The many dozens of dire warnings in the NT written to the churches keep repeating:
    sin results in eternal death.
    Be sure that your continuing sins are being confessed and repented-of …
    so they will be adequately cleansed by Jesus’ precious blood (1 John 1:7-9).

This effort on your part will display that your heart attitude is acceptable to God.