1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What an amazing day at church today!!!

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by annsni, Dec 2, 2012.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Many of you know that we've had struggles at church for many different reasons - and we've been praying through so many things for a while now. Things have been getting better and I'm seeing God really working at this place!!

Not that numbers are an indicator of success but it get discouraging when you see the numbers going down as we did for a while. We were down to about 20 adults in the Sunday service and hubby was wondering if it was even worth the work we were doing. I told him to keep plugging away because God called us to this work and until He calls us away, we need to be faithful in even the little things. Today we had 45 adults and SO many new visitors!! It was awesome!!

One couple used to go to the larger main campus but stopped going a few years ago when they moved way out past where we are. They have been here two Sundays now and I believe that they will continue coming. We had a man come who's daughter started coming with a friend and then his wife started coming too - and the daughter has been getting on his case. He came today and really enjoyed the service. There was another couple who came who I didn't get a chance to meet.

But the most amazing thing happened with one gentleman. I'd say he's in his 30s and he looks tired. It turns out he's living at the hotel where we meet because his apartment was destroyed by Sandy. The hotel manager (a great lady, not saved though) encouraged him to come to the church service so he did! The message was great today and afterwards, my hubby gave the gospel and then we were to have communion. He told the congregation that communion is for those who are believers and if they are not, to please do not partake but if they want to start a relationship with the Lord, to please take the elements but do not yet partake and instead speak to him or the other pastor. This gentleman came forward and spoke to them. He said that God's definitely trying to get through to him and he can't fight Him any longer. He was in tears throughout the service and was so ready to come to Jesus!! Bob and the other pastor prayed with him and led him through his first Lord's Supper right there. I could see a transformation in this man's face immediately. Praise the Lord!!! He's going to go to the men's group on Tuesday where he will absolutely be plugging in with the men - so many strong, Godly men. I'm so excited to see what God's going to do in this man's life!!

Please pray for Keith. He had lost his job due to Sandy as well and he's just starting a new job tomorrow. FEMA bought out a bunch of rooms at the hotel and he's staying there for the time being but he needs to find a place to stay. Pray for his new walk with the Lord and that he grows in the grace and knowledge of Him.

Bob and I got out to the car after church today and just cried in awe of what God is now doing after all of the struggle we went through. God is just so faithful, isn't He??

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen!:thumbs:

3. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Love hearing those stories of God's grace at work in and through people.

4. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

:godisgood: .....That 'bout sums it all up, doesn't it!!!

Many have been the times both in my own personal life as well as in the life of the church of which I'm a lay member ( www.lighthouseministries.org ) that, just exactly at the time I've/we've needed encouragement the very most, God "comes through" to take me/us from "the valley" to "the mountain top"!!!

(Habakkuk 3:17-19)

5. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That sounds great!!!

:godisgood::godisgood::godisgood:

6. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing what God is doing in your miniistry!

7. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

A little late to the party but rejoicing with you!

8. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ann,

I praise God for His smiling providence in regards to your church. I will most certainly pray for you. We are a church of similar size about four hours south of you. It does get frustrating at times, but the spiritual growth I see in our members, and the visitors we receive have a way of renewing the heart.

God bless you as you labor in His name.