1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What are you Soteriologically?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by HeirofSalvation, Apr 16, 2012.

?
  1. I am a Supra-Lapsarian Calvinist

8.3%
  2. I am a Classical Arminian

8.3%
  3. I am Amyraldian by conviction

8.3%
  4. I am an Infra-Lapsarian Calvinist

25.0%
  5. I am such a genius that no Previously discovered view satisfies me

16.7%
  6. I am a Molinist

33.3%
  7. I am an Open Theist

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

maybe you are right.

Last Saturday, my pastor and I were hauling manure to our gardens.

I was born bi-polar, and this past Saturday my pastor made the comment that all of the bi-polar people he knows are very defensive and cant let things go.

Yeah, that fits me to a tee.

I wil try to work on it.

BTW, my mental illness is so severe that I am on disability. I have an IQ of over 140 and I scored 98 1/2 percentile on my AFEES test when i went into the Army.

intelligence and mental illness are two seperate issuses.

John

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

just because he can be a butt, doesnt mean i dont like him.

My wife is a butt at times, but i still love her:thumbs::thumbs:

john[/QUOTE]

John, I perfer the word "scoundrel" :thumbs:

3. seekingthetruth

John, I perfer the word "scoundrel" :thumbs:[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected....you scoundrel.

john

4. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

O.K. that is an opinion you are more than welcome to... and that is fine...why then...do you insist on posting on my thread? You could simply uhhh... like.... go away or something. I do note that you have yet to explain your particular objections to the alternative Soteriological positions offered....is it because you simply are ignorant of them? Is the Poll "stupid"? as you say? Fine don't vote.....I really do not care..... but the reality is this... you don't know the difference between a Supra-lapsarian and an Infralapsarian or a Classical Arminian (You've never heard of Molinism or Amyraldianism) And if you continue to post here, your ignorance will be on display for all to see. I know this because I will expose it on purpose...your move.

5. seekingthetruth

yawn!!!!!

yes I was taught the difference 35 years ago in Bible College.

I just dont think it is as important as you do.

John

6. seekingthetruth

John, I perfer the word "scoundrel" :thumbs:[/QUOTE]

OK EWF I am done with the "touchy feely" stuff.....now back to the argueing!!!!

John

7. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

"infinitesimally reformed open arminianistic molinist" IROAM

8. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

I'm not a big fan of labeling either. I've seen charts that go in detail of Calvinist to Arminian. I'm obviously closer to the Calvinist side, but I don't fit into one in particular.

9. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

Then leave the post....and don't vote....oh....there is also this...I simply do not buy your bluff about "Bible College" having taught you the difference... for one thing......no one.... 35 yrs ago..... took Molinism seriously enough to bother teaching it.... They don't now!!!! Amyraldianism...provided you actually attended.... has never been popular enough to have been taught (at least with any alacrity) and...if it were 35 years ago... you would have simply forgotten about it by now, because few people ...at least by name subscribe to it. Your Bald assertion about Bible College scares me zero, none, natta. I know too many graduates from "Bible College" to fear that one. I personally have not attended, not yet, want to in the future.... Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary regularly pumps out students who have only had to answer a Molinistic account once for a test.....and you got it all figured????? Again... you Hate/think nothing of my poll....presumably then....there is much insight you can/ could add to the topic that we mere non-Bible College-grads might benefit from..... Could You please share with us what you understand that we don't? In what must be at least your 4 years of study, you have learned something that a non-grad such as myself is not aware of...Will you not share with us where we err??

10. seekingthetruth

There is nothing to explain.

You are not "in err", you simply put more stock in labels than I do

Why? what difference does it make?

Are you trying to convert christians to your theology when you should be trying to convert lost souls to salvation?

John

11. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

What is molinism?

12. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

Those of us too ill-educated to have gone to Bible-College know a "red-herring" when we see one...and we don't chase it....when you feel like learning what a "red-herring" is.... simply google it...and please....please...for your own sake....do not pretend you already know what I am talking about. Oh, and seriously...I am simply trying to conduct a poll, that's all.. I really did not want discussion on this thread.

13. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you don't want to read the answers turn your computer off and walk away. That way we won't know you are a total jerk.

14. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

:rolleyes:

15. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see this response quite often. However, with a little thought it can be proven wrong. I don't use the term "Calvinist" because my faith has nothing to do with Jean Cauvin (John Calvin). So, minstead, I use the more correct theological term "monergism." The other position is "synergism."

Monergism can be broken down into 5 heads of doctrine, or points.

1. Total depravity. If you accept it you are a monergist. If you reject it you are a synergist.

2. Unconditional election. If you accept it you are a monergist. If you reject it you are a synergist.

3. Limited atonement. If you accept it you are a monergist. If you reject it you are a synergist.

4. Irresistible grace. If you accept it you are a monergist. If you reject it you are a synergist.

5. Perseverance of the saints. If you accept it you are a monergist. If you reject it you are a synergist.

One is either one or the other. There is no middle ground. Its like being pregnant. You either are or you aren't. :)

16. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Too late -- that cat is out of the bag. :)

17. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Molinism is a false teaching which originated with Jesuit theologian Luis de Molina in the 16th century. It attempts to reconcile free will with the Sovereignty of God. Of course, any time you try to reconcile something that does not exist (free will) with something that does exist, means poor Molina was wasting his, and our, time. :)

18. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Oh, so you were forced to post that reply, right? Or you were predestined to?

19. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you don't have anything intelligent to contribute to the discussion please feel free to butt out.

20. mandym

mandym New Member

MW and I do not often agree on anything but he made a very good point. Rather than just dismiss it with your insinuation try answering a reasonable response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.