Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Money Talk$' started by SaggyWoman, Dec 19, 2009.
If you want to share...
I have 4 pensions, old age security, Canada Pension, 2 work-related pensions, plus personal investments, inheritance and sales of houses. Wife still does accounting. Besides, I am a tightwad!
The bi-vocational pastorate is really two full-time jobs. Neither pays particularly well but the combination of both incomes and modest living works well. Did I mention we're empty-nesters? If the kids were still here I'd need a third job just to buy groceries.
I own two businesses: one, a small furniture company, the other, a farm. We lease part of our land out to a local ag co-op and on the other, we grow vegetables for the Herrs company.
We also own a couple of rental properties.
Off Topic, JohnDeereFan! This thread is about sources of INCOME... :laugh:
Hear the one about the old farmer who won a million dollars in the lottery? When asked what he intended to do with his winnings he replied, "I guess I'll stay in farming as long as the money lasts."
Well, the good news is, as long as people have to eat, I'll have a job.
Self made millionaire.
then just disregard the PM i sent you about us going into business together :smilewinkgrin:
My husband is a full time pastor who also does a small amount of computer software engineering on the side. He used to do the engineering full time as a consultant and one of his clients calls every once-in-a-while to have him update software when they update the hardware.
I work part-time at the church doing the media. I keep the website content current and put together and run the stuff that goes on the projector each Sunday. Lastly, I staff the "Welcome Center" where people can go for info or just a friendly face.
seriously, you make me laugh.
That will be $15 for my services - please send via pay pay
I have a full time job, a part time job, and do tax returns on the side.
Washington State LOEFF 1 pension. Also retain City of Seattle pension rights.
Right now I'm working for a temp agency, but it's somewhat sporadic and I have some savings from before I got laid off from my old job when the business shut down. Right now I'm attending college full time and looking for a part time job. I'm going to apply with the Census Bureau for the upcoming Census.
I get a civil service pension from 36 years with the federal government. I also am drawing a small amount off a 401K. I work as a substitute teacher, a closing manager of CVS, and my wife is a nurse at a doctor's office.
The check is in the mail.
I work full time and the government classifies me as self-employed. That's the pastoral ministry for you.:laugh::wavey:
Just recently retired from AF after 22 years so I get that monthly retirement check.
The VA gave me a pretty high disability rating so I get that check every month as well.
And I now am right back on base working for the AF as a civilian so I get paid bi-weekly for that job.
And my wife also works full time.
God is good!
But I still have debt I am trying to attack...
I joined the AF in 1988 and was trained in carpentry and masonry work. I was sent with a civilian carpenter to remodel a bathroom in an old warehouse on the backside of the base. He was supposed to show me put down a tile floor because I was new and had never done that kind of work before. As soon as we got to the work site, he dropped his tools and took off to talk to his friends. I tired of waiting for him. So, I opened a box of tile and in it there were directions for preparing the floor and putting the tile down. After I had finished the floor I waited a while longer, but he did not come back. I packed up my tools and drove back to the shop and left him and his tools at the warehouse. I was doing some work in the shop when the boss called me into his office and asked me why I left that guy on the other side of the base with no way to get back. I had to go and get him, but I never had to work with him again. :smilewinkgrin:
Currently, I am an assistant store manager at local convenience store.
I work full-time as a project manager for a construction company for about 20% of my income. The other 80% comes from dividends as a part-owner of the same company.