1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Are Your Thoughts on this Navy Tradition?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Dec 22, 2011.

?
  1. It is just wrong...

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. It should not be made public....

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. It is going beyond the law to protect gays...

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. It is not acceptable, in my opinion...

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  5. It was expected following the change of the law...

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  6. Is further promoting gay affection, sex and relations...

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  7. If this is the result of the law, stop the "First Kiss" tradition...

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  8. Selling raffle to tickets to view this was wrong...

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  9. I saw nothing wrong with selling tickets for a "first time" event...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. It is what is wrong with our society and nation...

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

First, I believe it is a serious mistake to call homosexuals anything other than homosexuals. Call them what they are!

Second, I believe it is a little early to call this practice a tradition.

Third, Women of any sort should not be serving on a ship unless they serve as nurses on hospital ships.

Fourth, I heard a young preacher many years ago state that the acceptance and practice of homosexuality was the cause of the fall of most empires. I can't confirm this but homosexuality was rampant in the empire of Greece and I believe widely accepted in the British Empire.

Fifth, I believe that the AID's epidemic among homosexuals created sympathy for them and accelerated acceptance.

Sixth, Between homosexuality and abortion I believe this country is on its last legs. The Federal Government is pushing a ban on cell phone use in cars saying over 3,000 people were killed last year as a consequence. Yet they actively support the slaughter of up to 4,000 babies each day.

Seven, The Leftists, the Feds, and the Courts are slowly and deliberately destroying what is left of the Christian culture in this country. I actually believe there was a Christian culture at one time.

And Eighth. I thought no threads dealing with human sexuality will be allowed in an open public forum.

#21 OldRegular, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2011
  2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My Bad on the Raffle...

....thanks for pointing out that the raffle was for who got off the ship first and not to view the "kiss!" That was my error, and I am sorry.

That said, it doesn't change the moral issues put on display. Why can't the media just let these things happen without making them public.

I run into a lot of "couples" in my ministry and life in general, and I do not run into heterosexuals that announce they are straight. However, it seems like 80% of the homosexuals I come across in life have to make sure everyone "knows" they are gay! What's with the need for making their preference known when coming into the room, so to speak?

It's like they are continuously coming out of the closet. Is it necessary? A little less braggadocio would be fine! And in my eyes, this "first kiss" photo was another attempt to flaunt homosexuality in the face of a nation that is no less than 85% straight.

Leave it as it is....not everybody cares

3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And it's not just the American press:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...s-off-seven-month-tour-on-HMS-Manchester.html

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This is my biggest issue. I was listening to a podcast one day that had nothing to do with sexu@lity when a listener called in and said, 'Hi, I'm __________ and I am a lesbi@n from _________________.'

The sailor admits that she bought 50 tickets so that she could increase her chance to win the first kiss prize.

5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A Christmas Miracle???

We Both agree on something of substance! Merry Christmas, C4K...

6. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What happened to the rule:

"Please note that according to the Baptist Board User Agreement and/or BB Posting Rules no threads dealing with human sexuality will be allowed in an open public forum. If you feel the need to discuss any subject matter dealing with human sexuality the proper and only permissible place to do so is in either the BB Private Men's Forum or the BB Private Women's Forum depending on the gender of the person starting the thread.

Yours in Christ,

Bible-boy,
    Forum Moderator"

Is that no longer in effect?

7. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

But that seems quite different to the matter raised in the OP. This was a male sailor being granted special permission to be second off the ship, in order to propose to his girlfriend. So it wasn't a "traditional first kiss" - as I said before, to my knowledge, the Royal Navy has no such tradition.

8. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I am ordering this thread closed because of a number of "Report Thread"'s received concerning a ruleing along the lines of topic of homosexu@lty

The issue will be under consideration of moderators and administration

Thank you for your cooperation

Bro. David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.